Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #1

What happened to "G2"

I was browsing the Jayco website today and noticed the G2 section is no longer there and there are some new models like the 32tsbh. Also has the 36bhds been around or is that one new? It looks like a park model from the residential fridge, but it also looks like a travel trailer in other respects.
What does this mean? Why did the G2 section go away? Is there no distinction between the Jay Flight and Jay Flight G2 TT's anymore? Anybody else notice any differences on the website?

2008 (40th Anniversary) Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 F250 XLT Extended Cab 6.2L

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
dorayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #2

Yep - they did away with the g2 designation. It looks to me like they have moved some on the entry level features down to the swift. On the Jayflights they have added more options and add-ons. Overall I think it will be a good change since you have a lot more options.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

Generally what were the differences between the Jay Flight and the G2?

John
NewToMeJF26BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

I noticed the 33RLDS is no longer a true DS. They added a minislide that adds a linen closet to the bathroom and another wardrobe to the bedroom.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Though there may be a more official statement but my generalization is that G2 was the second generation of Jayco’s most popular travel trailers. The G2 offers more standard amenities, including a 22" LCD TV, bathroom skylight, raised-panel hardwood cabinet doors and deluxe innerspring mattress over the Jay Flight line and other trailers in this class. Compared to the original Jay Flight line, the floor plans seemed to be a bit more generous and the price point was a bit higher for G2 as well. I'm wondering with the change did the entire Jay Flight line come up to the specs of G2 or did the "G2" models loose features? Obviously they haven't lost any size. I can see some changes in the newer models that I like and appreciate, and others that I prefer our 2008 model.

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
Old 09-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #6

Well I found a video of a '12 model 32bhds and immediately I noticed a few chnages that are nicer, and some that imho are not.
The window boxes are not tailored, but just little curtains that are also attached at the bottom.
The living room entertainment center is very different, instead of being a substantial built in, with a ton of floor to ceiling store except for the TV area, it looks more like much smaller residential "furniture" pieces, a lower floor piece and a shallow overhead cabinet tuck onto the "wall".
The TV is much bigger at 26" vs. 22". But it doesn't appear to swivel into the MBR.
The wiring is also "weird" looking imho because the wall is too thin to contain it so it hangs out.
I like the hidden control center. Very nice design upgrade.
The bunkhouse has no drawers underneath the TV area, just a panel.
I'm assuming there are other changes that I missed from the video I watched, either because I missed them, or because they are just not easy to spot right off.

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
Old 09-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #7

[QUOTE=NewToMeJF26BHS;35796]Generally what were the differences between the Jay Flight and the G2?

Having asked the same question (just bought an 09 29BH G2), It's same as a regular Jayflight but the G2 package is a bunch of upgrades. Wall thermostate for AC & heat, electronics package(Flatscreen, dvd, stereo, indoor, outdoor speakers ect...) power awning, large rear storage door under bunks for full size bikes(very nice), fancy window valences(ladies look at that stuff), upgraded bathroom vent fan. I believe he(salesman) mentioned a few other things that I'm sure I forgot, things like appliance convienance things (larger fridge, electronic ignition ect..)
Dealer said G2 was discontinued to try to reduce confusion in the model lines. All the upgrades are still available, just ala carte now I guess.
Were glad we went with the G2 package.

David
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #8

I just poked around the dealer lot last weekend. What I saw was basically the G2s are still pretty much the G2s, they just dont call it that any more. They still had all the nicer amenities for the most part. A few nice upgrades in the old standard line, but basically seemed the same.

My guess is they will eventually make the base standard across all Jayflights and then have add-on packages and upgrades - but that is purely a guess.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #9

I'm glad I got a 2011 G2 as well. From what I can tell from the pictures on Jayco's website, they no longer have sliding doors between the rooms; now it is just curtains (the sliding doors are one reason we went with Jayco in the first place). I much prefer our entertainment center, but I do like the covered control panel and the porcelain toilet. Another thing they did away with was the vent in the master bedroom, which is a shame.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #10

I just ordered a 32tsbh after spending a bit in one on a lot. It has the doors not curtains. You loose the spin around TV option in the wall between living and master bedroom because of that though. But i'm happy.
shenandoah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
I'm glad I got a 2011 G2 as well. From what I can tell from the pictures on Jayco's website, they no longer have sliding doors between the rooms; now it is just curtains (the sliding doors are one reason we went with Jayco in the first place). I much prefer our entertainment center, but I do like the covered control panel and the porcelain toilet. Another thing they did away with was the vent in the master bedroom, which is a shame.
I forgot to look at the toilet! I really wanted to see if there was much of an improvement or it was just a sales gimmick.