Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Question What is the best price for a 2017 25BH?

If you don't mind, can you please post what you paid pre-tax and license for your 2017 Jay Feather 25BH? I would also love to know where/what dealer you got the price at? This trailer seems perfect, but our dealer is saying $25,900 is their best price. They have 4 on the lot right now. Thank you!!!!!!
CharlesandKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #2

We are picking up ours on Saturday so this is all 100% fresh in my mine. Our sale price was $22,258 for a 2017 and then a $129 documentation fee on top of that.

Our unit has the Customer Value Pack (I think pretty much all of them have this), Granola interior, Good Year Tire upgrade, Sink Covers, 32" TV, 15k AC, Electric tongue, Enclosed belly, Aluminum Rims, outdoor kitchen, BBQ Grill, ladder and the upgraded Trifold sofa. The most common options we did NOT get would probably be powered stabilizers.

Our MSRP sheet shows $29,129 price and $550 (destination) and $595 (Dealer Prep).
So, the sale price (before documentation fee) is going to be about 8000 off the sticker.

This was a no haggle price, there was no back and forth, literally this was the price he gave when I called the dealership.

Hope this helps.
Dave
dloucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesandKaty View Post
If you don't mind, can you please post what you paid pre-tax and license for your 2017 Jay Feather 25BH? I would also love to know where/what dealer you got the price at? This trailer seems perfect, but our dealer is saying $25,900 is their best price. They have 4 on the lot right now. Thank you!!!!!!
On a 2017 model you should get at least 30% off the MSRP, then add delivery, prep, doc fees, plates and taxes.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #4

We just picked up. We were 21.5k with most of the normal options to include sealed underbelly, electrical tongue, outdoor kitchen, Goodyear tires, and roof ladder.
bsponsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #5

Our dealership has one coming in ( 2017 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 25BH | RICK'S RV CENTER, INC ), give Rick's RV in Joliet, Illinois a call at (815) 725-4061 and ask for Brian Pilon (pronounced P-Lon), we purchased two Jayco trailers from him.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
On a 2017 model you should get at least 30% off the MSRP, then add delivery, prep, doc fees, plates and taxes.
Just a question, how do you come up with 30% off MSRP and does that work for all dealers? I know the price I was quoted on a 27.5rkds FW is not 30% off msrp, although we were told it would be a 2018 at 2017 pricing.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #7

30% off MSRP seems to be the "norm" when it comes to discounting from sticker price, I also received 30% off MSRP when we purchased our Jay Flight and Jay Series Popup. Understand this, my dealer charges $900 for destination and $900 for prepping.....these are built-in profit margins for the dealer.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #8

I guess I need to do a little renegotiating when it is delivered....I did not get anything close to 30% off.....
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #9

There was no arm-twisting, he gave me a price, then I countered with a 30% off figure. It was simple as that.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Just a question, how do you come up with 30% off MSRP and does that work for all dealers? I know the price I was quoted on a 27.5rkds FW is not 30% off msrp, although we were told it would be a 2018 at 2017 pricing.
The 30% off number seems to pretty much be the normal discount you can expect, some will get more some less. Before I placed my order I shopped around in and out of state, some of the larger online dealers like RV One will give you a quote by email without talking to anyone and they had the lowest price. I took that quote with me but did not show my hand to the local salesman, he got pretty close and when I showed him the RV One price he matched it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #11

While I was happy to get 30% off MSRP, I was very hesitant to negotiate too heavily, I want to have the dealership in my corner when something needs repairing. I don't want them to chuckle behind my back that they weren't going to get me in and out in a reasonable time period because I squeezed every penny out of them during the purchase.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #12

C&K,

Not sure what retail may be on the 25 BH, but as a rough comparison we paid under $24k (before tax, title, license) for our 2016 32 BHDS, including the Reese HP Trunnion Dual Cam system w/ a Titan 2.5" shank. Retail was just over $34k, and we bought it July of '15 so it was still a fairly "new model year". OTD was $25,6xx maybe, or $25,8xx... 6% tax, $200 license plate fee, plus whatever the state charges for the title.....

Now maybe it helps our dealer is only a couple hours or so north of the factory so the destination charge is minimal. Not sure where you are.

But I would guess you could try getting a lower price. Get a quote from the online dealers, RV One I think it is, and maybe someone will chime in with the other one as I don't recall the name at the moment.....

Good luck!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #13

Another option for finding the "best price" is Costco, if you are a member. I used their membership buying plan for our Eagle HT and saved about 5k when my local dealer matched Costco's price.
subpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #14

Ours was $21K with Tax Title Lic. I didn't see a Goodyear tire option listed so not sure if that is a dealer option for those that have it. We have the optional aluminum rims but I think the tires were Prowler or something like that. Not sure if that is brand or model. Not a name I recognize.

I had a photo from the RV Show that listed all the options and MSRP including delivery and such. That was $29,879. Ours has every factory option with the exception of the Max Flow Fan in the kitchen and the Bike Rack

So that is around 30% I guess. But that was including the Tax and such. The difference may be that we bought at the RV Show. It was also the display unit at the show. Of the 5 I think they had in stock we had our pick all of which were the same price. There were some small differences in options. This was a while ago but mainly color, if it had the Trifold or Jackknife sofa and maybe some didn't have the BBQ. We knew we wanted the Trifold which narrowed it down to the display or one other which didn't have the BBQ. Not sure how much we will use it but we took the one with BBQ.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
The fact is some dealers will give a 35% discount while some will barely budge off MSRP, and others can be anywhere inbetween so the desired 30% off is by no means a standard but something to shoot for. So it pays to shop around and get multiple quotes. When trailer shopping 7 years ago I got a quote that was only 10% off and they would not take less, ended up buying elswhere for 30% off. Just bought another trailer, and got about 30% off that.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #16

There is a number of different ways to option out these trailers. Make sure when people are throwing numbers around that your comparing apples to apples.

Also, we are about as far away from the factory as you can get so the delivery charge will be higher.

Baydos is a great dealer and I have been very satisfied with the service I have received from them both before and after the sale.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #17

We bought ours in Sept for $19k. All factory options except the bike rack. Also, mine was built before the Goodyear tire option, trifold sofa option and I do not have exterior led marker and tail lights. I think that we got that price because they low balled us on our trade because they knew that they were going to recoup the money and then some. Our dealer was not pushy or over bearing by any means and we didn't really haggle at all. They had 3 in stock and all were different from each other and we got the one exactly how we wanted. I have noticed that this is becoming a popular model. Our dealer sold all 3 and have 6 either on the lot or on the way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
There is a number of different ways to option out these trailers. Make sure when people are throwing numbers around that your comparing apples to apples.
I was kind of shocked that this isn't always the case. All the units my dealer had were the same price. They were all pretty well optioned out but some of the differences were pretty big dollar items when you look at MSRP on the website.

For instance the Trifold sofa is a $600 option and the BBQ $200. The one we bought had both options and it was the same price as some that they had which had neither of those options. They have since got a couple more in and those all sold as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo303 View Post
We bought ours in Sept for $19k. All factory options except the bike rack. Also, mine was built before the Goodyear tire option, trifold sofa option and I do not have exterior led marker and tail lights. I think that we got that price because they low balled us on our trade because they knew that they were going to recoup the money and then some. Our dealer was not pushy or over bearing by any means and we didn't really haggle at all. They had 3 in stock and all were different from each other and we got the one exactly how we wanted. I have noticed that this is becoming a popular model. Our dealer sold all 3 and have 6 either on the lot or on the way.
I agree. As I mentioned we bought at the RV Show. We went early on Saturday and put money down on our camper while there. We had our choice of any of the 5. All of them sold that day. While the show was also going on Sunday, it is illegal in MN for dealers (car, RV and such) to be open so they could be at the show and take names but they couldn't sell anything which is why Sat is the big day for them. The sales people were running around like crazy. It was good that they had factory reps there because they could handle a lot of our questions until a sales person was freed up to start the paperwork.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dloucks View Post
We are picking up ours on Saturday so this is all 100% fresh in my mine. Our sale price was $22,258 for a 2017 and then a $129 documentation fee on top of that.

Our unit has the Customer Value Pack (I think pretty much all of them have this), Granola interior, Good Year Tire upgrade, Sink Covers, 32" TV, 15k AC, Electric tongue, Enclosed belly, Aluminum Rims, outdoor kitchen, BBQ Grill, ladder and the upgraded Trifold sofa. The most common options we did NOT get would probably be powered stabilizers.

Our MSRP sheet shows $29,129 price and $550 (destination) and $595 (Dealer Prep).
So, the sale price (before documentation fee) is going to be about 8000 off the sticker.

This was a no haggle price, there was no back and forth, literally this was the price he gave when I called the dealership.

Hope this helps.
Dave
Very helpful, thank you!
Old 05-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post

Also, we are about as far away from the factory as you can get so the delivery charge will be higher.

Baydos is a great dealer and I have been very satisfied with the service I have received from them both before and after the sale.
Glad to hear you have had a good experience with them. We have really enjoyed looking around their lot and their no-pressure approach.