Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #1

What Is This??

I'm concerned about the vinyl trim that goes around the ceiling above the main slide in our 2012 32TSBH. It has started to peel up and I don't know exactly what to think of it. Water damage? Heat damage? I haven't seen any water and the area isn't soft or spongy. I keep the temps down in the camper to around 75 regularly. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #2

Could it be the adhesive is not sticking any longer? I'll have to take a look at mine next time I am down there.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #3

Appears also as if it was shrinking or moving higher by the looks of the adhesive line. wouldnt hurt to take a look on the roof above that area for a possible cause.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #4

It looks like a warranty trip to a dealer to me.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #5

What Is This??

We had a hard rain the other night and the situation has gotten worse unfortunately. I looked closer and it appears the rubber trim is popping up because the wood is swelling underneath No water stains yet, but this is definitely a bad deal and I will be contacting our dealer on Monday with pictures. I'll post as I know more.

John

Equalizer 12K
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #6

A couple of questions and concerns(since I own same). Is it the area actually inside the slide-out, or in the main living area? If it is in the main living area, it will probably be a roof issue and not covered under warranty(sucks). If it is in the slide area, would it be covered under warranty? I know we are responsible to ensure all seams etc on the roof are kept in good shape by re-caulking etc, but since a slide has a different roof with no seams to speak of, who is responsible? The only seam I remember seeing on the slide out is where it is taped along the top at the outside edge. I remember a thread here somewhere where it was mentioned that the tape in that location was wavy. I'll search for it and post it if I find it. found it...
http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...=slideout+tape
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #7

What Is This??

Krackeer,

It's in the main living area, above the slide. The issue is potentially water coming from the roof. Am I missing something when I believe a leak like this should be covered under the Jayco 2-year warranty? This could be a major issue. Why wouldn't they cover this, but cover a broken A/C or lag bolt that worked out and poked through the floor? I'm contacting the dealership about the issue tomorrow and hopefully we'll get a plan to take care of it.

John

Equalizer 12K