Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #1

What kind of TV do I need to buy for our 2004 Jay Feather M27?

We just bought our first camper - 2004 Jay Feather M27. It has an old TV with a VCR in it on the shelf in the dining area. We want to replace it, but I'm guessing we need to get a specific kind of TV to be able to receive digital reception since it's a 2004? Do new TV's have internal digital reception already installed? If not, what do we need to get? THANKS in advance! 2 weeks until our first trip, whoo hoo!!!
mcfadden5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Any of the new TV`s will be set up to receive the digital signal. Your antenna will also receive the signal, although there is an upgrade you can attach to the antenna to enhance the reception, I believe it is called a Wingman. And welcome to the forum!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

antenna

Televisions produced today are digital, but will still pick up analog channels. I would get the biggest tv you can [conforming with your trailer setup] with a built in dvd player so you can watch movies too. I don't know if your roof top antenna will pick digital signals or not. Probably not. You can replace your roof top unit $$$$ or go to Wally Mart and get a digital antenna for inside the TT-$10 to $40. Don't know how good the reception would be at an out of the way campground, and it would only get local digital stations. Food for thought, and congratulations on your new camper and welcome to the best Forum out there! Terry
Ignore the part about your antenna, I didn't know that the older ones would pick up the digital signal
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I think your antennae will pick up the digital signal.
I hooked up my 24" flat screen I bought for out TT in our bedroom to test.
I just used co-ax with a piece of aluminum foil about 6" long on the end.
It works fine. Then I bought a digital antenna from Walmart, my foil and co=ax is actually better.
In Florida in January, a house we rented just had air signal with a digital flat wall mount antenna.
A couple channels would get scrambled about every 2 minutes.
I folded up some aluminum foil and stuff it up sandwiched between antenna and wall.
Those channels came it great afterwards. I left it in place when we vacated the rental.

You antenna on top of the camper looks like batwings. I think when people have referred to bat wings, it's just the stand RV antenna.

Grab a flat screen and your good.

Happy camping,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #5

Thanks!!!! You guys rock!!!!
mcfadden5 is offline   Reply With Quote