Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #1

What plans do you have for your trailers this year?

I'm going to look at replacing the outdoor speakers this spring. Also thinking of buying a full size grill...I'm sure I can think of a few others...
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Until I make some money all my mod fun is on hold, although I do have my mind on some awning lights that will not break the bank. Cold weather is holding up start of crab season!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #3

Well lets see, not much improvements needed so far. Heck she's not even 1yr old. Just a thorough rough cleaning and inspection, good ext washing and then lots of camping. Oh, I will hang our new flat screen and got to find better coffee pot! We are chomping at the bit to go camping!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Plans are to do some camping, then camp some more, then retire in about 9 months, and then really start to camp. But for the immediate future, our wish list includes a surge protector, set of Horst waste tank sensors, set of Plug-it-Right stabs, and a new set of quad entry steps to replace the current 3-stepper (DW has some knee problems that a 4-stepper would help). Don't know how far along that list we will get, but we can dream, can't we ?

Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Our plan is to purchase containers to fit all the storage areas.
Probably purchase the LED awning lights.
Put new tires on
Load it out and go West

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #6

We just want to use it as much as possible and travel to new places this summer.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #7

First goal is to get her out of storage (the snow just won’t go away fast enough). Camp a lot, hopefully we can average at least two trips a month. Unfortunately I have a bad work schedule this summer. I have plans to make custom wood crates for the storage holds, to organize my junk. Modify the stereo cabinet, to incorporate a USB charging station.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I'm expecting the new Eagle sometime in mid-April. I have some quick first mod's I do to every trailer, the first is the Maxxair smoke colored vent covers for the 3 openings. JAYCO is building a few mod's in for me: slide toppers, high speed vent fan in the standard outlet for the rear bunkroom, and all lino (no carpet).

I have also bought a brushed nickel arch spout bathroom faucet and the Oxygenics shower head.

First big upgrade will be a built in Dirt Devil vacuum for the unit. After that who knows
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #9

Well, I've got to install the power jack and I'm in the process of fabricating a slide out for the front storage area. Yeah, it's a '13 but there are always things to do to make it "yours". Oh, and a door for the bathroom area.
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #10

I've got a few mods to do as soon as I get the camper out. First is a tool box on the tongue for the 6 volt batts. I picked up a tongue box at Harbor Freight, looks like it will fit well. I'm also replacing the stereo/DVD player (120 VAC) with a Jensen AWM970 12 volt unit I picked up on Ebay.
big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #11

Our 2012 26RLS is still in storage at the dealers. When we get it home, the first thing that we will be doing is fitting a 8' X 16' Sun Kit add-a-room that we just bought for the trailer. It came with an installation video and looks pretty straight forward. I have to drill some 13/32" holes in the awning roll up tube which I'm a little leery about. The holes have to be drilled for the rafter supports and corner posts. My only concern (beside measuring proper hole locations) is having the drill slip and putting a hole in the new awning canvas.
baltimorebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimorebear View Post
Our 2012 26RLS is still in storage at the dealers. When we get it home, the first thing that we will be doing is fitting a 8' X 16' Sun Kit add-a-room that we just bought for the trailer. It came with an installation video and looks pretty straight forward. I have to drill some 13/32" holes in the awning roll up tube which I'm a little leery about. The holes have to be drilled for the rafter supports and corner posts. My only concern (beside measuring proper hole locations) is having the drill slip and putting a hole in the new awning canvas.
Use a punch or a nail and put a little dimple in the tube before you try to drill it. You will find that it really helps.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #13

Hopefully find a nice site for the season. Wife has no holidays this year, so would save time to already be where we want to be.
And probably try to finally get the Weber Q hooked to the on board propane.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #14

My major job will be to start my 12VDC battery upgrade for my OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer. My 85AH Interstates installed in 2008 are nearing the end of life and will not make it thru this season. Out of the four I started with I am down to two now. That is not enough to do our normal off-road camping and make it thru the night. The plan is to put two 82lb 150AH 12VDC batteries on the trailer tongue and then two more 82lb 150AH 12VDC batteries in the back of my truck. This will give me 300AHs for both trailer and truck to support their battery needs for camping off the power grid as well as running my emergency radio operations from both units when separated. When camping together then both systems can be connected together giving me a big total of 600Ahs battery capacity which should produce around 12VDC at 20AMPs for a published total of 18 hours or at least a realistic total of 9-12 hours before re-charging....

The other project that has my attention is to prove out my HYDRONIC Hot water heater mod for possible replacement of the OEM propane furnace system.

Another smaller project will be to get my three-inch triangle folding aluminum tower setup on the rear bumper to get me a center height of at least 15-feet above the trailer to support my off-center-fed windom HF wire antenna for better radio comms.

I have been stocking parts for these mods for a couple of years now - time to implement

All it takes is a little money haha...

My final acceptance testing will be done up in the George Washington Natl Forest on the VA/WVA mountain state line WSW of Harrisonburg VA near the forest service road FLAGPOLE KNOB area for at least a weeks outing camping off the power grid...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote