Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2018, 03:59 AM   #1

Whatís lowest price you all think I can negotiate this dealer down to for this Jayco

$39,500 Asking Price

I don’t know right now if it’s new or used but new MSRP is $55,000 so pretty sure it’s used.

Which always makes me question why somebody would buy that brand new and then turn right around and get rid of it...

I have been searching for this particular layout forever and it fits absolutely every single thing I have been looking for so I definitely definitely want it!!!! It’s going to get bought today! Well doesn’t have a washing machine and I don’t think it has hook ups either

Has the rarity of a king size bed which was a must, three slide outs, a full size 60 inch shower with seat and glass doors, center kitchen isle, full bed closet, Yep I want it!!!

Also being a 50 amp my last Jayco trailer was a 30 amp so will my two Honda 2000 EU companion generators hooked together handle this??

Specifications
Year: 2017

Make: Jayco

Model: Eagle 330 RSTS

Class: Travel Trailer

Length: 39

Slide-outs: 3

Sleeping Capacity: 4

Weight: GVWR 11250

Wheel Base: 301”

Exterior Height: 140”

Interior Height: 87”

Spec: Rear Living

Spec: Stainless Appliances

Dual 15,000 BTU Whisper Quiet Roof Top A/C

BAL Auto Leveling Jack System with Touchscreen Monitor

50 Amp Power Supply

12 Cubic-FT Side-By-Side Refrigerator/Freezer Combo

Dual Theatre Recliners

Tri-Fold Fold Down Sofa/Bed

Large LED HDTV in Living Room

Electronic Fire Place

Center Counter Island with Dual Stainless Sink

Solid Surface Counter Top with Sink Covers

Stainless 3-Burner Range with Oven

Walk-In Pantry

Stainless Microwave Oven

Extendable Leaf Dining Table

Privacy Shades

LED Lighting Throughout

King Size Bed with under Bed Storage

32” LED HDTV in Bedroom

60” Shower Surround with Built in Seat

Three Piece Sliding Glass Shower Door

Remote Control with Slide and Awning Functions

Power Patio Awning with LED Lights

Frameless Exterior Windows

Roof Access Ladder

Front Pass Through Storage Bay

Exterior Access to Under-Bed Storage

Exterior Speakers

4” Tube Bumper with Sewer Hose

Thanks!!!!

Cheaperrooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post

I have been searching for this particular layout forever and it fits absolutely every single thing I have been looking for so I definitely definitely want it!!!! Itís going to get bought today!

Has the rarity of a king size bed which was a must, three slide outs, a full size 60 inch shower with seat and glass doors, center kitchen isle, full bed closet, Yep I want it!!!
Cheap,

IMO, 39.5k may be a little high, compared to what I just briefly read on RV Trader. But if you like it, what the heck!

This model will be my next upgrade - gotta love the king bed and the other things you mentioned!

I understand that you have ďgo fever,Ē as Iíve been there myself. Just donít let it override your doing a thorough PDI.

Let us know how it went, ok?

Good luck!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
Cheap,

IMO, 39.5k may be a little high, compared to what I just briefly read on RV Trader. But if you like it, what the heck!

This model will be my next upgrade - gotta love the king bed and the other things you mentioned!

I understand that you have ďgo fever,Ē as Iíve been there myself. Just donít let it override your doing a thorough PDI.

Let us know how it went, ok?

Good luck!
That is their asking price. I am sure there is room to breathe and thatís what I was asking, how cheap do you think I can talk him down? I have no intention of paying asking price. But whatís a certain percentage we know for sure they have it marked up? I just looked at the original MSRP and it was $55,000 so this must be used!
Old 06-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #4

I think you need to know if this is new or used first. Then determine your dollar ceiling. I just picked up a leftover but still new at the dealer 2016 model this year (February) and paid 61.5% of the listed price ($16k, not the listed $26k). A quick glance at used models showed I paid about $500 more for new BUT I had about $500 in extras thrown in by the dealer to close the deal. Like John from CF did for you, check your comparables and be happy with what you pay leaving the lot.

Jerry B.
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
36fire412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:11 AM   #5

Actually it's probably new. It's not uncommon for the markup to be so much that they will drop the price by 30-35% for current models. We bought ours for 35% off MSRP when it was a brand new model. At 30% off would be 38500 which is less than they are asking. 35$ would be 35750. Remember it's a year old model and possibly been on the lot for 2 years so there is no way I'd consider 30% off a good deal. Good luck!
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955farm View Post
Actually it's probably new. It's not uncommon for the markup to be so much that they will drop the price by 30-35% for current models. We bought ours for 35% off MSRP when it was a brand new model. At 30% off would be 38500 which is less than they are asking. 35$ would be 35750. Remember it's a year old model and possibly been on the lot for 2 years so there is no way I'd consider 30% off a good deal. Good luck!
Looking at their website this is the ONLY travel trailer they have and rest, about 15, are all motorhomes. But the website says ďonly dealing in quality used RVsĒ and since they are not a Jayco dealer Iím going to assume that its used. They open up at 9 oíclock and I can call and find out!

So youíre saying if it is used thatís not a great deal as thatís probably what you could buy one for new that was marked down 30% of MSRP.

Still, I guess nobody can give me a basic idea if they are just asking this on a used trailer what the normal markup is for used vehicle?

I mean is offering them $30,000 IF used an insult?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #7

Brand new 2018 for essentially $42000

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/jayco/eagle/330rsts

I'd like to think that USED AND a model year old gives you more than $2500 off as a buyer.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Ox View Post
Brand new 2018 for essentially $42000

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/jayco/eagle/330rsts

I'd like to think that USED AND a model year old gives you more than $2500 off as a buyer.
thanks for that link showing the new one that helps me immensely
Old 06-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #9
bap

If go on New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides you can find out the value. They have a section for rv and trailer values.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post
That is their asking price. I am sure there is room to breathe and thatís what I was asking, how cheap do you think I can talk him down? I have no intention of paying asking price. But whatís a certain percentage we know for sure they have it marked up? I just looked at the original MSRP and it was $55,000 so this must be used!
Don't forget......it's a 2017

Think some 2019's are already out.

jasum is offline   Reply With Quote