Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2018, 02:59 AM   #1

What’s lowest price you all think I can negotiate this dealer down to for this Jayco

$39,500 Asking Price

I don’t know right now if it’s new or used but new MSRP is $55,000 so pretty sure it’s used.

Which always makes me question why somebody would buy that brand new and then turn right around and get rid of it...

I have been searching for this particular layout forever and it fits absolutely every single thing I have been looking for so I definitely definitely want it!!!! It’s going to get bought today! Well doesn’t have a washing machine and I don’t think it has hook ups either

Has the rarity of a king size bed which was a must, three slide outs, a full size 60 inch shower with seat and glass doors, center kitchen isle, full bed closet, Yep I want it!!!

Also being a 50 amp my last Jayco trailer was a 30 amp so will my two Honda 2000 EU companion generators hooked together handle this??

Specifications
Year: 2017

Make: Jayco

Model: Eagle 330 RSTS

Class: Travel Trailer

Length: 39

Slide-outs: 3

Sleeping Capacity: 4

Weight: GVWR 11250

Wheel Base: 301”

Exterior Height: 140”

Interior Height: 87”

Spec: Rear Living

Spec: Stainless Appliances

Dual 15,000 BTU Whisper Quiet Roof Top A/C

BAL Auto Leveling Jack System with Touchscreen Monitor

50 Amp Power Supply

12 Cubic-FT Side-By-Side Refrigerator/Freezer Combo

Dual Theatre Recliners

Tri-Fold Fold Down Sofa/Bed

Large LED HDTV in Living Room

Electronic Fire Place

Center Counter Island with Dual Stainless Sink

Solid Surface Counter Top with Sink Covers

Stainless 3-Burner Range with Oven

Walk-In Pantry

Stainless Microwave Oven

Extendable Leaf Dining Table

Privacy Shades

LED Lighting Throughout

King Size Bed with under Bed Storage

32” LED HDTV in Bedroom

60” Shower Surround with Built in Seat

Three Piece Sliding Glass Shower Door

Remote Control with Slide and Awning Functions

Power Patio Awning with LED Lights

Frameless Exterior Windows

Roof Access Ladder

Front Pass Through Storage Bay

Exterior Access to Under-Bed Storage

Exterior Speakers

4” Tube Bumper with Sewer Hose

Thanks!!!!
Cheaperrooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaperrooter View Post

I have been searching for this particular layout forever and it fits absolutely every single thing I have been looking for so I definitely definitely want it!!!! It’s going to get bought today!

Has the rarity of a king size bed which was a must, three slide outs, a full size 60 inch shower with seat and glass doors, center kitchen isle, full bed closet, Yep I want it!!!
Cheap,

IMO, 39.5k may be a little high, compared to what I just briefly read on RV Trader. But if you like it, what the heck!

This model will be my next upgrade - gotta love the king bed and the other things you mentioned!

I understand that you have “go fever,” as I’ve been there myself. Just don’t let it override your doing a thorough PDI.

Let us know how it went, ok?

Good luck!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
Cheap,

IMO, 39.5k may be a little high, compared to what I just briefly read on RV Trader. But if you like it, what the heck!

This model will be my next upgrade - gotta love the king bed and the other things you mentioned!

I understand that you have “go fever,” as I’ve been there myself. Just don’t let it override your doing a thorough PDI.

Let us know how it went, ok?

Good luck!
That is their asking price. I am sure there is room to breathe and that’s what I was asking, how cheap do you think I can talk him down? I have no intention of paying asking price. But what’s a certain percentage we know for sure they have it marked up? I just looked at the original MSRP and it was $55,000 so this must be used!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:47 AM   #4

I think you need to know if this is new or used first. Then determine your dollar ceiling. I just picked up a leftover but still new at the dealer 2016 model this year (February) and paid 61.5% of the listed price ($16k, not the listed $26k). A quick glance at used models showed I paid about $500 more for new BUT I had about $500 in extras thrown in by the dealer to close the deal. Like John from CF did for you, check your comparables and be happy with what you pay leaving the lot.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 AM   #5

Actually it's probably new. It's not uncommon for the markup to be so much that they will drop the price by 30-35% for current models. We bought ours for 35% off MSRP when it was a brand new model. At 30% off would be 38500 which is less than they are asking. 35$ would be 35750. Remember it's a year old model and possibly been on the lot for 2 years so there is no way I'd consider 30% off a good deal. Good luck!
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955farm View Post
Actually it's probably new. It's not uncommon for the markup to be so much that they will drop the price by 30-35% for current models. We bought ours for 35% off MSRP when it was a brand new model. At 30% off would be 38500 which is less than they are asking. 35$ would be 35750. Remember it's a year old model and possibly been on the lot for 2 years so there is no way I'd consider 30% off a good deal. Good luck!
Looking at their website this is the ONLY travel trailer they have and rest, about 15, are all motorhomes. But the website says “only dealing in quality used RVs” and since they are not a Jayco dealer I’m going to assume that its used. They open up at 9 o’clock and I can call and find out!

So you’re saying if it is used that’s not a great deal as that’s probably what you could buy one for new that was marked down 30% of MSRP.

Still, I guess nobody can give me a basic idea if they are just asking this on a used trailer what the normal markup is for used vehicle?

I mean is offering them $30,000 IF used an insult?
Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

Brand new 2018 for essentially $42000

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/jayco/eagle/330rsts

I'd like to think that USED AND a model year old gives you more than $2500 off as a buyer.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Ox View Post
Brand new 2018 for essentially $42000

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/jayco/eagle/330rsts

I'd like to think that USED AND a model year old gives you more than $2500 off as a buyer.
thanks for that link showing the new one that helps me immensely
Old 06-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #9
bap

If go on New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides you can find out the value. They have a section for rv and trailer values.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #10

Quote:
That is their asking price. I am sure there is room to breathe and that’s what I was asking, how cheap do you think I can talk him down? I have no intention of paying asking price. But what’s a certain percentage we know for sure they have it marked up? I just looked at the original MSRP and it was $55,000 so this must be used!
Don't forget......it's a 2017

Think some 2019's are already out.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #11

Unusual for a place that sells motor homes almost exclusively to be selling at TT. It very well could be a consignment. If that’s the case, the owners could be anxious to sell. Good luck if you pursue it.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #12

Highly likely a retired couple bought it, thought they wanted it, changed their mind and went with a motorhome and traded it in at this place.

One item I didn't see mentioned was the hot water heater...if its a Girard...good luck...many, including me, HATE ours.

Hell offer them $30K, every deal starts with someone throwing a number out there. Worst they can say is no, but be ready with a number in your head that you are willing to pay for. There is a value to getting many features you have been searching for.
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #13

$38,500 is typical starting place for negotiations based on the MSRP you posted.

If it has been titled I'd start around 30k. And I'd pay an independent RV mechanic to crawl all over it because I would be asking myself the question you raised, why buy and sell so quickly.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #14

https://coastalrvcenter.com/shop/

Very small mom-and-pop operation and surprisingly they have all good reviews. Very rare in today’s world. In fact I was hard push to find a bad one and the one that I did find was not based on anything substantial but he felt he was blown off when looking.

I never trust those kind of reviews anyway when they say things like, the guy told me he wasn’t interested in helping me unless I was ready to buy today. Nobody in their right mind would treat a customer like that and no salesman would come right out and say that to the customer so you always know that is probably a false review or it’s been exaggerated to great lengths
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #15

Haggling is a lost art for sure. Most don't even know what haggling is. The key to getting a good deal is the seller and YOU have to believe that you're interested but willing to walk away at any time. My philosophy when buying something used is that if the price was THAT great the item would've already sold.

I would go through it, crawl under it with a flashlight and point out everything wrong with it to the sales person after I found out a little bit more about it...This sets up your negotiating power. It also demonstrates that you're willing to spend a good chunk of change on it and you want to make sure you're getting your moneys worth.
[I]Do not make an offer[/I] until you ask what they're asking for it. He may lower the price right off the bat and they forgot to update the website. If he raises the price on you, call him out immediately and tell him if he's going to play games you're going to go somewhere else and buy one.

I'd give him your number if you guys don't come to an agreement and tell him if he changes your mind to give you a call. I've driven off the lot before and had a sales person called me less than a mile down the road to say they'll accept the offer. If they have a service department and you can't agree on prices, have them throw in a winterization or Dewinterization etc. which will save you time and money down the road.

Ask about warrantees either from the factory or from the dealership itself. And remember once an offer is been made the first person to speak loses. I bought my camper a year ago, I asked the seller what he was selling it for again he lowered the price by $300 right off the bat and I pointed out the issues with the camper and drop the price on him again by almost 600. Neither one of us spoke for probably five minutes... I got the camper for $900 less then he was asking.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:39 AM   #16

If you can go to VA they are advertising under $30K

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...STS-5003281376
Akraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #17

Nice camper!
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #18

If camper is a year old its already depreciated 5 grand!Then hit them for 35%,no price is to low.Are experience has been once that campers off the lot.They the dealer hopes they never ever see you again.Especially for warranty.Best of luck!
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #19

A year old used TT should be 40-45% off Original MSRP.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #20

Quote:
. . . I definitely definitely want it!!!! It’s going to get bought today! . . . Yep I want it!!!
Haven't heard from the OP. Wonder how it all went down.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote