Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #1

What's a good price on a Jay Flight 22FB?

A local dealer quoted me $15200 for a 2013 Jay Flight 22FB with electric awning and 2-30 gal propane tanks. Is this a good deal?
cdedbdwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF cdedbdwings! Check my signi below and click on the link. It may help you with your research. Happy shopping and let us know how it goes

Strategies to Buy Your Next Jayco at the Lowest Price
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #3

Since you are in Iowa already, do yourself a favor and request a quote from RV Direct if you haven't already. They have a location in Des Moines that you can pick up and receive service. From what I have seen they offer far and away the best price. For many if us, the struggle is lowest price vs local dealer & local service. You are fortunate to have them be one and same.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #4

If you were in Canada or California, both a great distance from the plant in Indiana, that would be a reasonable price. But if you live in Iowa you need to do a lot more shopping as you should be able to shave a thousand, maybe two, off that price.

I bought a brand new 28bhs in 2011 in northern Minnesota for 16k with WD hitch-work, full LP tanks/dealer prep, and I imagine I could have got it cheaper but I'm not a real haggling type.

Internet is the best tool as most dealers will give you quotes by email (except Canadian dealers.. but that is a different rant).

RVDirect and other such "wholesale" rv sellers are a good starting point, and many happy buyers can be found on this forum. I also found that All Seasons RV in Michigan was really good at beating prices I found elsewhere but in the end it was just too far for us to travel (maybe next time though).

Go to RVDirect's website and enter the make and model and plug in all the options that unit has and it will show you the MSRP. From there you should knock off 35% from the price and that would be a good starting point when negotiating with that local dealer. (you'll probably see that it comes in closer to the $13k range depending on options).

There are always deals to be had if you're willing to put in the time to do some research. You are in nearly the ideal location geographically to get some awesome deals especially this time of year when salesmen are getting hungry.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Since you are in Iowa already, do yourself a favor and request a quote from RV Direct if you haven't already. They have a location in Des Moines that you can pick up and receive service. From what I have seen they offer far and away the best price. For many if us, the struggle is lowest price vs local dealer & local service. You are fortunate to have them be one and same.
x2 :-)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #6

I think the 2 30 gallon propane tanks are standard on a 22fb, so don't let the dealer tell you they are extra.
The $15 grand price was what was quoted to me as a starting price, and then our trade-in was deducted, so it seems they can go lower than that with no trade in.

That being said, this is a fine travel trailer and works very well for us. We especially like the 90 gallon fresh water capacity and the elec/gas water heater. I agree with others about keying in on service. While we are very pleased with our TT, and we are fine with the price we paid. However, the dealership we dealt with was horrible, and some work they did for us (adding things we paid for in the first place) was lousy, and I ended up re-doing it myself. Having a good, reliable and honest dealer is easily worth paying a bit more up-front.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #7

We picked up ours for just over 14k it is a 2012 22fb and has manual awning. got ours at a camp show price here in Hhartford
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdedbdwings View Post
A local dealer quoted me $15200 for a 2013 Jay Flight 22FB with electric awning and 2-30 gal propane tanks. Is this a good deal?

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #8

Thanks for the heads up on RV Direct. I submitted a request for quote from them and it was $1800 more than the dealer ($15200). We've heard this is a good local dealer. Maybe I can get a better price. I haven't countered his offer yet. I'd like to be close to home for service.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #9

$15.2k sounds like a reasonable price. We bought our 2012 22FB this past summer fully loaded for $16k. I had the exact same questions. When it comes down to it, if you are comfy with the dealer, TT, and price just do it (advice from JOF). You want be disappointed. We absolutely love ours (currently going thru withdrawals being winterized), no issues yet requiring dealer service. Good luck and happy camping!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkc22fb View Post
$15.2k sounds like a reasonable price. We bought our 2012 22FB this past summer fully loaded for $16k. I had the exact same questions. When it comes down to it, if you are comfy with the dealer, TT, and price just do it (advice from JOF). You want be disappointed. We absolutely love ours (currently going thru withdrawals being winterized), no issues yet requiring dealer service. Good luck and happy camping!
Thanks for the comparison. I didn't know what they were going for so I didn't know if the dealer was offering me a good price or not. I don't think this one we're looking at is FULLY LOADED. It would be nice to have the thermal package for colder weather. I'll have to check.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #11

I cannot comment on the specific model that you are asking about, however, I live in Des Moines and bought our Jayco from Des Moines RV (part of RV Direct) and they gave me the best price when compared to other dealers in Iowa. I have also had good experiences with their service department.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlindsay001 View Post
I cannot comment on the specific model that you are asking about, however, I live in Des Moines and bought our Jayco from Des Moines RV (part of RV Direct) and they gave me the best price when compared to other dealers in Iowa. I have also had good experiences with their service department.
Thanks. That's who we're talking to. It's good to know they are helpful with service.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdedbdwings View Post
Thanks. That's who we're talking to. It's good to know they are helpful with service.
When I bought mine from them in June of this year, I requested a quote online from the Jayco dealer in the Quad Cities and they sent a quote to me within 24 hours, I used that to deal with Des Moines RV and it helped some I believe.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #14

Thanks. That's a good idea.