Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #1

When windstorms attack... Need awning parts

Had a sudden windstorm come through this evening and caught the awning while it was out.... one arm is twisted up pretty good. Any idea where I can get just the arm? The motor is good, so I don't need that; I just need the arm.

This is on a 2010 Jayco that has an electric auto-adjustable awning. I've done some googling, but all I can find is the full awning.

Hoping to get this ordered and maybe fixed up and operating as soon as possible!

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

Try the awning mfr's website. In our case it's Carefree of Colorado (check your handbook). They have several models, you have to ID the one you have. We had something similar happen, and have to get part of one of the arms.
AncasterDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #3

I also had to buy a new arm for mine. The awning was almost as cheap as buying one part. I wasn't happy. But I bought the part and all was good. Carefree actually sent the wrong part, and then fixed the issue.

Good luck.

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #4

Am really disappointed with RV awnings in general. Got the auto awning with our 2014 White Hawk and it works fine and is easier to extend and close But I find it much less stable than the manual awning I had on a previous TT. It is not smart to leave your awning out when you are not at your site. We tend not to use the awning even when we are there because as soon as you forget that it is out, the wind can come up and wrap it over the top of the TT. Just about everything other than the awning is "set up and forget" until you pack down at the end of the trip. Too bad the awnings can't be designed to be stronger to handle most winds.

I laugh at the TV commercial where they advertise the Sunsetter awning for home patios. What they don't tell you is that you have to close it up as soon as you are ready to go inside. How long do you thing they would last if you didn't?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote