Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
Wanderer, your leaking valve could just be some debris from the building process getting stuck in the seal. During the PDI walk through you can't catch everything. I guess that's what warranty's are for.

Did they keep you informed on how your order was progressing or did you have to bug them for info?
I'm going to call them today to see if they can give me at least a time line on when I am scheduled for the build. Wireman
Wireman no clue on the leaking valve but definitely a warranty repair & no way of catching that during PDI. Shocking to go and do a typical tank cleaning after camping, upon taking the cap of main sewer pipe to be greeted by black tank contents, not a way to start my day. (the black tank drains were completely closed position)

Regarding communication, no they did not keep me updated at all. I had a copy of the Purchase order they placed with Jayco and I initiated any/all communication with them who insisted on emailing . He did reply until he got tired of not having answers. Honestly I had 2 conversations directly with Jayco during this time telling me when my trailer came off the line and when it was handed to transport. They were some really nice folks. From there it's all on the dealer.

Additionally I "believe" all trailers deliver to Menifee for check in and PDI's are done at either Riverside or Temecula.

I'm helping a friend tomorrow take delivery of his first trailer who ordered at the Pomona show with the Owner of Richardson's out of Menifee, he did not get the choice of PDI location, it was automatically Riverside.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #22

Ordered our 36REQS on 9/3, picked it up on 12/28
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #23

I have issues with my overflow tubes dumping an excessive amount of fresh water from my tanks also when I fill them. What is the fix?
Camp Winican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Winican View Post
I have issues with my overflow tubes dumping an excessive amount of fresh water from my tanks also when I fill them. What is the fix?
Took 1/2 barbed plug on one end threaded on other, couple of hose clamps and simple PVC caps.

Take caps off when filling fresh water to see when full, close during transit, open before using any plumbing once set up for camping.

Am sure many fixes available, this was easiest for me.

Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #25

Wanderer, I think all initial deliveries of trailers go to Menifee. Then depending on where you purchased it, it goes to that location. As I said my salesman is in Menifee and that is where the PDI & hitch setup will be done.

That said, things could change but that is my understanding. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #26

Welcome to the forum and happy camping. Since we reside in AZ and I didn't want to pay a ton of add on fees I purchased my unit from a dealer out of Michigan. They saved me over 11K from what the dealers here wanted. Please also see my post on New Units and Dexter EZ-Lube axles.
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #27

Hi Camp Winican,
The over flow tubes serve a specific purpose. You really don't want to try a FIX what might not be wrong. When I fill my tank (48) gallons I have a lot of over flow as well but it's there for a reason. I wouldn't mess with it.
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Winican View Post
Here are a several other threads in the forum sharing experience and fixes on the issue for alternatives. Surely nice to arrive to your campground with full water when boon docking.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...ter-30850.html
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...ugs-22096.html
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...ukes-3503.html

Happy camping Camp Winican
Old 02-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #29

Hi Steve,

We ordered out Jayco Greyhawk at the Pomona RV show too and just picked it up a week ago. The dealer (Richardson's RV) and Jayco both said the same thing as you heard (there was a huge backlog at Jayco). Jayco said ours took a bit longer than usual because of full body paint.

Hope you get the call soon that yours is ready!

- James
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #30

I've been in contact with the GM at Richardson's in Riverside, and he has kept me updated on our situation, including the backlog jgerhard is referring to. 19 weeks later, our rig on its way from Indiana with a potential eta of tomorrow. We're hoping to sign papers and take it off the lot by Friday. *fingers crossed*
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #31

While at Richardsons in Riverside this past weekend, found out the Service/PDI location currently on Van Buren will be moving in May. Not sure of exact date, but the new address will be:

3051 Myers St.
Riverside, CA 92503
Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #32

Well I've found out some info on my 23RLSW I ordered the last week of Dec. I spoke with the factory west coast rep and was told the production date for my unit is the 1st week of April.

If so, I figure hopefully to take delivery by mid April. That would be close to 16 weeks total.

He said that they have had so many orders that is the reason for the delays and they are working on Saturdays to catch up.

Other people have told me that production runs are based on models & floor plans, not on when they receive your order.

I guess that makes sense doing a run of the same floor plans at 1 time and is more cost effective for them.

So at least now I don't feel like that mushroom kept in the dark. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote