Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #1

Where is the Furrion backup camera switch wiring? 245RSLW

I just picked up my TT yesterday, it has the bracket for the furrion. The owners manual says specific wiring details would be in the paperwork pouch. It isn't though.

Edit:
Looks like this is the information that was supposed to come with the trailer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camera Instructions.pdf (578.5 KB, 25 views)
m2bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:32 AM   #2

My trailer has the furrion camera. My camera is wired to the trailer marker lights. The tow vehicle marker lights / trailer marker lights turn on the camera You May have another wire in the back of the furrion bracket on the back of your trailer as well as the furrion camera plug
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2bandit View Post
I just picked up my TT yesterday, it has the bracket for the furrion. The owners manual says specific wiring details would be in the paperwork pouch. It isn't though.

Edit:
Looks like this is the information that was supposed to come with the trailer.
That is it.. The camera only works when the marker lights are on

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

The bracket for the furrion camera is a joke. Almost as much of a joke as the "solar ready" BS. It's all a marketing ploy. All you get with the backup camera bracket is the bracket, nothing else, and they want you to buy their overpriced camera system !!
Same as the "solar ready" plug. All you get is a plug ! They want you to buy "their" solar panel which has a built in controller at 2 1/2 times the cost of what it should be.
I guess they expect consumers to think they bought a trailer with lots of options, where in reality all you get is $5 worth of cheap plastic brackets and plugs.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #5

I got the basic Furrion Vision 4s. With bracket wireless installed and bought at dealer for $319. In some cases loyalty pays. Our dealer always comes up with a good price.

A little cheaper than Walmart has but installed.

No need to trash the product. Just shop around. I don't think the OP paid for the bracket.. It just came.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post

No need to trash the product. Just shop around. I don't think the OP paid for the bracket.. It just came.
Not trashing the product, just saying that it's a Joke that Jayco can install a camera bracket that cost's $2, and a solar plug that's also around $2, then dupe the consumer by saying that the RV is back-up camera and solar ready. It's no where near being ready unless you go out purchase their specific camera/solar panel at the cost of hundreds of dollars on top of what you paid for the unit.
If Jayco wants to impress me with their options, then sell the darn trailer with the camera already installed and the solar panels installed.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #7

Hi Danno, your trailer didnt come prewired?. mine has the furrion plug and another hotwire, behind the furrion camera mounting bracket. I havent looked at the solar ready side of it yet, but did see the plug on the roof for the solar. If i wanted to, i could have cut the wires, and installed any camera i wanted i guess.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote