Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #1

Where to mount dish receiver in a white hawk

I have a new Jayco White Hawk TT. I want to mount the Dish recover near the TV but the shelves are only 6 to 8 inches deep and the receiver needs at least 12 to 14". Does anyone found any creative ideas how to solve this problem?
Mike16w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2

It would be helpful if you indicate what model White Hawk you have and a picture of what you are dealing with. If I'm understanding you correctly, the Dish reciver is too deep and would extend past the shelf depth? Might I suggest that you mount the reciever to a piece of 1/2' shelving cuto to the proper depth and width using a lenght of woven belt material (like a light duty tie down belt/buckle strap) and allow it to extend past your 8' shelves. Another thought, though it may block your IR signal for yoru remote, is to mount the reciever vertically?
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I have the 27DSRL White Hawk. Your idea of making an extension to the shelf may work. I'll have to do some measuring. Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #4

I have the same trailer. I looked at the shelf extension but thought the slide would hit it and I didn't want to move it each time I moved camper. I settled on using velcro to mount the receiver vertically against the back wall in the cabinet above the tv. I drilled a hole in bottom of cabinet to bring cords down to TV and outlet in cabinet below.

I then purchased a UHF remote and transmitter from my local Dish installer and mounted the transmitter inside the cabinet pointing at the receiver again securing with Velcro. This allows me to have cabinet doors closed while using remote. Only issue to watch is heat which may require u to open cabinet door if that occurs.

I've also mounted my own tv to wall with a mount and Velcro strips on each side to secure in transit. Note that u can also run RCA cables out of back of receiver to the Jensen aux inputs which will get your tv sound to your interior and exterior speakers. I probably listen to the Dish Sirius radio channels more than anything.
yellowdog00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

Thanks for the solution. I will look at mounting it tomorrow. Did you mount the dish on the roof or have a movable dish?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #6

I have a Tailgater.
yellowdog00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #7

Don't use the tailgater [yet] but have HD dish on a tripod. Really pretty simple to set up, just get it level and usually preset the El and Sk before leaving home. Roof? Not going there, just don't like to put holes in my roof. Also it would have to be an auto dish if on the roof.

Just upgraded to HD with a Vip211z receiver. Add a cheap external hard drive and it turns into a DVR without having to pay monthly DVR fees to dish. Just a one time activation charge.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote