Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #21

I e-mailed Starcraft and they recommended B.E.S.T. roof cleaner and conditioner also! on my Launch Ultra Lite 24rls. I will give it a try this spring!
rbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #22
Site Team

Everyone has a recommendation. Mostly what they happen to be selling. I have tried 303 and Armor All. All make them shiny and protect from UV rays. Also tried nothing and it works well too if the roof is kept clean.

To each his own.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Everyone has a recommendation. Mostly what they happen to be selling.
Yup. If you are one of those people that feel the need to do something, have at it. If you are one of those people that doesn't get bent out of shape about stuff like this, you will be just as good as the people that put stuff on.

Its kinda like tire shine. Some people love shiny tires, others don't want to spend the money on it. Tires last about the same exact time whether or not you use that stuff.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #24

I have a MX-5 ( Miata ) and the top isn't cloth but some kind of vinyl. I use 303, or Mothers protectant on it. Neither of them last very long. I would say less than 1 month and the weather better be good.

One thing tough, the roof looks very good when the stuff is freshly applied, and that only worth the effort but it give a false sense of protection. The roof of our TT is obviously not made from the same stuff but the environment is the same and I dont beleive at all that these stuff can do anything other than making the owner feel good.

I can see one thing tough, when I wash and scrub the roof, it comme back real nice and its surprising the amount of dirt that is collecting on it. That must be the same for our TT. One thing for sure for me, I will clean the TT often and watch the caulking, thats it thats all .

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy57 View Post
Well just for the record there is no shortage of conflicting info on roof care and roof types. I called jayco and gave them the VIN number on my 2011 165. I called twice and got two different answers. Both ladies said in was a "bi-laminate" one said it was like a TPO without the fleece and another said it was a bi-laminate rubber like EPDM. Based on lots of research and just short of pulling the vent fan to check a stapled area I believe it is a bi-laminate of a rubber base. They could not give me a name of a manufacture just "bi-laminate" rubber. One person recommended UV block because I live in Florida, one was not sure. Based on the hours of research and videos I have watched and phone calls I'm going with an RV cleaner and UV block made by "Protect All".....Thanks again everyone lots of great info, leads and links from all you great people out there. Happy Camping!
I just spoke with Jayco and gave them the vin number on my 2010 Jayfeather and she told me my roof is Alpha Ply rubber roof. I guess nobody really knows do they. ha ha
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #26

Two sides to every story

I always thought that layers of dirt and other residues were like a cover, it diffused harmful ultraviolet sun and was best to leave alone. But, who knows, I as well had a concern for prolonging my roof and so I wound up here after 1st looking on YouTube.
Johnboy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:01 AM   #27

Been a fan of Protect all, will clean it looking for tears a few times a year.