Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyEm View Post
We also own a 2016 WH 27DSRL. After a year of use, we love the floor plan, though there are some issues. First, no pantry cupboard. We have adjusted, but my wife is "vertically challenged" and reaching the high cupboards, especially the one over the sink which is our pantry is not her favorite thing. Second issue is the center bathroom. Its easy to get trapped in either end of the trailer if someone is using the bathroom. Fortunately, there are exterior doors at either end so you can escape but you have to go outside. Third, the furnace really heats up the front bedroom a lot more than the rear living area. I wish it were reversed. We are hooked up to electricity most of the time we camp, so we use a space heater in the living area and rarely use the furnace. However, overall we really enjoy our 27DSRL and are glad we own it!
I thought this unit would be our next trailer. But the points you just listed are the same ones that were "deal killers" as far as my DW is concerned.

We have found another floor plan we really like with dual slides and a huge rear bath with walk in pantry. Unfortunately, it isn't a Jayco.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post
Because you're new to this camper - make sure your light switch on the switch panel (where your slide and awning switches are) is switched on.
It's next to the awning lights switch. If you have that on and the ceiling lights still don't come on then you have an issue.

If you've already done that - Sorry!!
Yep....you beat to that information. I discovered it shortly after picking ours up - I guess I should have paid better attention to the initial demo from the dealer.....LOL

Current: 2012 GMC 2500HD Denali
Sold: 2009 GMC Sierra 1500
Danjo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post
Because you're new to this camper - make sure your light switch on the switch panel (where your slide and awning switches are) is switched on.
It's next to the awning lights switch. If you have that on and the ceiling lights still don't come on then you have an issue.

If you've already done that - Sorry!!
Thanks PMC. Yes, we know about the main switch. 11 of the 17 ceiling light switches are just not working. It seems like there might be a spring or something missing that should fully disengage the button after you push it to turn the light on or off. Since no one else seems to be having this issue I have to assume that we just got a bad batch of them. Anyway the dealer is working the warranty with Jayco to replace them.
azrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:16 AM   #24
PMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebaxa View Post
Thanks PMC. Yes, we know about the main switch. 11 of the 17 ceiling light switches are just not working. It seems like there might be a spring or something missing that should fully disengage the button after you push it to turn the light on or off. Since no one else seems to be having this issue I have to assume that we just got a bad batch of them. Anyway the dealer is working the warranty with Jayco to replace them.
That's really a bummer, hopefully they get you taken care of in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo61 View Post
Yep....you beat to that information. I discovered it shortly after picking ours up - I guess I should have paid better attention to the initial demo from the dealer.....LOL
Speaking of the initial Demo - I must have missed that there was an antenna booster for the TV antenna and had zero idea it was there until I read about it on this forum.
I'd put up the antenna, do a channel scan and never got a thing when we were camping (worked Ok not great in the driveway).
I even had them look at it during the spring service this year and they said it worked great!

Then in July this year after nearly 2 years of ownership I found the button... now I get to watch a little TV before bed or when it's raining. Like how the hell did I not know that
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #25

We love our 2015. (purchased used in August). We took it to NC a few weeks ago, first trip of any distance and love it. From a woman's point of view, I love the floor plan with the exception of the pass through bathroom. Plus I would prefer a night stand and a little more room on the left side of the bed. But, after living in it for a week and driving about 1,500 miles, all the other good features outweigh the negative. I would much rather have this bathroom location than give up the beautiful views from the big back window or the two rear seats and a large living space in the main area. Also, this does not have a pantry but I think the storage is very good and offers a lot of storage options. Today, we went to the RV show at the fairgrounds in Tampa (not a very big show). For the price point, I did not see anything else I would rather have. My husband has made mods to the White Hawk only because I am not crazy about some of the stock items and I like to make it my own! Travel Trailers and motorhomes are like houses, if it has good bones and it has a good floor plan to meet your needs, then you can upgrade it and make it as you like! We traded a motorhome for this TT and could not be happier with the decision.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #26

Reelcool, did you look at the JayFlight version with the pantry? Also, what mods did your husband make? Finally, what are using to pull the trailer?

Good luck with your rig.

Steve
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdomino View Post
Reelcool, did you look at the JayFlight version with the pantry? Also, what mods did your husband make? Finally, what are using to pull the trailer?

Good luck with your rig.

Steve
Hi Steve,

We went with the White Hawk because of weight and the fiberglass construction. We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee so needed an ultra light. The pantry would have been nice but our camping trips are short so it wasn't a necessity. We planned to buy new once we sold our motorhome as we did not need two RV's sitting in the backyard. I liked the floor plan of DSRL and reviews were good in my research. We did look at Keystones. The night we looked at the Tampa Jayco dealer (no intention to buy) they did not have a DRSL in stock but their Orlando store did. So we said we would go there the next day. The sales person ask, would we consider a used unit 2015 which they just took in trade. So, we looked at it and it was in like new condition. The cost savings was considerable. We both liked it and bought it. I have to say having the WH 3 months we have not had one issue on it that would have been a warranty issue. The pervious owner must have worked out anything wrong during the warranty period. This one is actually 2 years old by the build date when we purchased.

I posted photos of our cosmetic updates here:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...des-40121.html

My additional upgrades/wants we made are:

1 Bronze kitchen faucet.

2. MCD day/night shades in the bedroom. I am having a new valance made for the kitchen so I can hang an MCD shade there in place of the mini blinds. The valance over the kitchen window needs to be deeper to hold the shade. I order the valance fabric from Jayco so the shade will fit.

3. Marine vinyl inside/reflective outside covers for the doors windows and skylights. Solar screen to put behind the pleated shades. (this is the same material MCD uses). I bought additional MH window shades to cut to size for all the living room area windows behind the pleated shades.

My husband"s Upgrades and mods:

1. Bought a Yukon to pull the TT. He wasn't happy with the Jeep as the weight was at the top of the limit.
2. Bought a Hensley Hitch. (more sway than he liked going to NC).
3. Replaced tires with Load Range D. only because we did not know how many miles were on them and they were 2 years old.

I cannot wait for our next camping trip!

Have a great weekend and happy camping!

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote