Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #1

White Hawk 27DSRL water valve question

Just took possession of this trailer a week ago and are planning our first short venture. I want to make sure the tanks are empty before I start filling with soft water. But I can't find the valves to open the fresh water tank drain(s).
I found the "low point" drain next to the door. But some are saying there are another set of drains under the slide out. Not sure where to look for them. Also not sure where the on-off valves would be for these two other drains.
Can anyone help me?
TIA.
Glen
G&BOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

The freshwater tank is generally over the axle(s) so start your search there.

The valve type is unique. It is shaped like a coffee urn or water cooler spigot. Except the top rotates instead of being spring loaded.

Twist it all the way to the opposite side and see if water comes out.

Then start filling the fresh water tank. If water comes out after a few gallons, you left it open.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

I would for sure sanitize that tank first before I used it especially if used!
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #4

X2 on thorough sanitizing the FW system and cleaning everything else.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #5

Thank you for the tip on sanitizing the tank. I will get that done before we leave. And I will atry to figure out where those valves are on this trailer. I found what appears to be 2 valves on "top" of 2 water lines in a small external storage compartment near the bathroom. There is also a third line that has some sort of rectangular shaped black plastic fitting on it. These lines I am referring to are either 3/8" or 1/2" pex and the valves all have a line coming in from under the trailer and go up towards the bathroom. Then a line takes off from the valve at a 90* angle and disappears under the floor of the trailer - presumably to the bathroom. But i am uncertain of that. All I know is that it is frustrating to have the underbelly cover so nothing is visible from below except what Jayco allowed to hang through or below this cover.
Cordially,
Glen
G&BOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&BOlsen View Post
Thank you for the tip on sanitizing the tank. I will get that done before we leave. And I will atry to figure out where those valves are on this trailer. I found what appears to be 2 valves on "top" of 2 water lines in a small external storage compartment near the bathroom. There is also a third line that has some sort of rectangular shaped black plastic fitting on it. These lines I am referring to are either 3/8" or 1/2" pex and the valves all have a line coming in from under the trailer and go up towards the bathroom. Then a line takes off from the valve at a 90* angle and disappears under the floor of the trailer - presumably to the bathroom. But i am uncertain of that. All I know is that it is frustrating to have the underbelly cover so nothing is visible from below except what Jayco allowed to hang through or below this cover.
Cordially,
Glen
Someone with your trailer model (White Hawk 27DSRL) may be able to help. If you can post a photo, maybe others will have some helpful information.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #7

The fresh water tank drain valve is under the slideout towards the rear of the camper. Probably about 18" in. Mine is very visible while squatting down beside the camper. My 27DSRL is a 2015, maybe yours is a different year and different?
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #8

I have a 2013 27DSRL. Only tank drain line I'm aware of is toward the back of the trailer on the 'street' side. Just a piece of polyethylene tube attached to potable tank; the other end connected to a plastic quarter turn valve hung from the coroplast belly cover.

The only other water drains I know of are the low point drains for hot and cold lines under the bathroom on the 'curb' side.

Sanitizing the potable water system annually or after long period of inactivity is a good idea. Your owners' manual should tell you how. Hope you enjoy your trailer, we certainly enjoy ours, though not as often as we'd like!
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #9

We have a 2014 27DSRL and the drains for our fresh water tank are under the slide out area. There is a decal on the side of the unit that indicates where they're located.

Cheers,
Greg
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote