Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #1

White Hawk 28DSBH First Trip Report

I have but one complaint... the mattress. Even with our 4" memory foam on top of it, it's not comfortable. We'll be on the lookout for a good deal on a new one. Everything else worked flawlessly. I found no loose screws and no screws that had fallen out. The fridge took a pretty good while to cool out but it was 104... and that's to be expected. The A/C did better than I expected. We arrived about 1:00 PM and it was already 101 out, but we were comfortable in about 2 hours. By 6:00 PM it was cycling at 74. I ran the water heater on electric when we got there, and It did fine. I shut it off and drained it, filled it back up and ran it on gas... no problem. The electric stabilizers squealed but a bit of dry gear lube silenced that. It tows nicer than the Surveyor but I think I have the hitch set better. I was a bit disappointed when we were getting ready to go because the dealership had told me that tire pressure was up at 50... When I checked, they were all at 39. Maybe they have a bad tire gauge or a new "tech" that doesn't understand the importance of tire pressure... and silly me... I didn't check it before towing it 40 miles from the dealership...... Oh well... everything else seems to have been checked and sorted out. Maybe this one was built on Wednesday...

Safe travels everyone!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #2

So..... Dee Dee ordered a new mattress. It's a Perfect Cloud like we have at home. It got here today and the original RV mattress is at Goodwill. Feels pretty good! What to complain about, now???
Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #3

Sounds awesome! Just got my 25BHS this year and I love it! Some problems here and there but getting fixed. I did have a MAJOR problem with the dealership tho they lied, treat you like crap after the sale and service is terrible. The damaged the heck out of my trailer when I took it to get little adjustments after my maydon voyage. Didn't bother to tell me and they said all was fixed except the screen door so I said when will the door be done he told me "you can worry about it another time"...what the heck? So glad I found a another dealership that is taking good care of me just wish I went there first so I would of had a better buying experience but I love my trailer. Happy trails!
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #4

I certainly understand about the dealerships and their "techs"... This is my third TT and I've never taken a trailer back to the dealership... just too many horror stories. But having been trained as an aircraft mechanic, and having worked with my hands all my life... I don't have to. It's always easier for me to fix it than to take it back and wait... and then fix the original problem and the ones they cause trying halfheartedly to fix the original problem... That's the mystery of the RV experience for me... Why do we put up with dealerships? Happy trails!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #5

We're off on our first retirement trip and so far we're 1400 miles and several nights in it... and I still can't find anything to complain about. Heading back home, leisurely, on Sunday, with several stops on the way... some for a couple of days.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:40 AM   #6

So, we made it back to civilization... home... but we have encountered a couple of things. I have a very small plumbing leak under the bathroom sink I should be able to fix that in about an hour. Apparently one of the PEX pipe crimps isn't done correctly and I have the stuff to repair that. It's easier than taking it to the dealer and waiting... and waiting... and... well, you know.

If you've ever been through Little Rock, you know what a mess their roads are. We had a blow out and before I could get over, the wheel was demolished. Not wanting to go further without a spare, I bought a wheel and tire for $130-... which was a bit of a rip off but we needed to get home. I'll call the dealer this morning. If yours came with "Ranier" brand tires... keep a good watch on them. I'm looking to go to a LRD tire pretty soon...
Old 11-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #7

Do you have a black tank vacuum breaker valve under your sink? If so that could be what is leaking. We had that issue and replaced it and now no more leaks. Just something to keep in mind.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Do you have a black tank vacuum breaker valve under your sink? If so that could be what is leaking. We had that issue and replaced it and now no more leaks. Just something to keep in mind.
I think I have it isolated to the T fitting, but not being a plumber... I'll definitely look for the vacuum breaker. This is under the bathroom vanity sink... is that where your valve is located?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #9

Spoke to the service manager at Vogt RV in Ft. Worth... and they're not interested in my blow out problem... not surprised, but I am disappointed. I just got this unit on August 3rd. Actual customer service just doesn't seem to exist in this industry.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:35 AM   #10

Yes, that is where ours is also. We originally had a clear one. After dealer replaced the part twice and it leaked again. We replaced it with this part and have not had a leak since.

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-5...+breaker+valve

Hook up your black tank flush and try it before you tear into the pex line.

Hope this helps.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote