Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

White Hawk bike rack question

My wife and I just ordered a White Hawk 29REKS. We got the bike rack option. From what I understand it is on the A frame. Does anyone have a picture of how this looks they could share? Thank you
Wyvern10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #2

This. Anyone?
I am torn (still) between a small Fifth like the 24 cktsa or 27.5, and a white hawk TT 26rk.
One of my concerns is the ability to bring a couple of heavier ebikes with us, they weigh in about 50lb a pop. The white hawk bumper is just not up to the task, even with added aftermarket brackets, I would worry.

Hey Jayco: Make the white hawk with integrated 2" receiver!!!!!! Like the Cougar!
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #3

Lippert makes/offers one that goes on the A frame. Google will show you that one if the correct one.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

I forget the brand of bike rack that came with our trailer, but we have pretty nice bikes and I didn't want them hanging by the wheels with any possibility of frame damage, so we opted for this the Stromberg Carlson CC-275 Bike Bunk for Cargo Tray (from Amazon) and then a Yakima DrTray 2-bike hitch rack from REI.
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #5

Currently looking at having a professional welder fab something up with additional brackets and frame extensions. Then weld a 2 “ receiver on the bumper.
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleckb View Post
I forget the brand of bike rack that came with our trailer, but we have pretty nice bikes and I didn't want them hanging by the wheels with any possibility of frame damage, so we opted for this the Stromberg Carlson CC-275 Bike Bunk for Cargo Tray (from Amazon) and then a Yakima DrTray 2-bike hitch rack from REI.
Hello - we are about to buy a 1019 Jayfeather24 and were thinking of adding the bike rack to it. Do u have ny pictures of the rack that came it’s it? And the set up you are describing in this post?
Much appreciated.
Chrissy from Arkansas
RazorbackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern10 View Post
My wife and I just ordered a White Hawk 29REKS. We got the bike rack option. From what I understand it is on the A frame. Does anyone have a picture of how this looks they could share? Thank you
Did anyone post a picture? We are also trying to figure out if we want the Jayco Bike rack, or go for an after market version.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #8

This is what you are referring to

https://www.lci1.com/jack-it
Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackFan View Post
Did anyone post a picture? We are also trying to figure out if we want the Jayco Bike rack, or go for an after market version.
Sorry that I can't post a picture for our Hummingbird. It's wrapped up for the winter. I suggest aftermarket. Here's the mount we put on our trailer tongue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry that it doesn't have a good picture. It took about an hour to install. We then bought a rack from REI.

https://www.rei.com/product/117245/t...ike-hitch-rack

This may well be more money than many would spend on a bikerack, but I use the rack on our TV as well as the mount with the trailer. We are a big biking family and I plan on hauling the trailer to races in the area, and club vacations. For me, the Jack-it rack seemed just too flimsy and not "gentle" enough for our bikes.
bleckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #10

Bike Rack Dilemna Solved!

Thanks, everyone. I think we've figured it out. U Tube also had a video explaining how the system worked. The husband doesn't want to modify the bumper just yet since it will void the warranty. We are going to get the Jack-It and put extra bungee cords on the bikes to secure them more than just the straps.