Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2020, 08:17 AM   #1

White Hawk Furrion radio

I have a question about our radio. We recently bought a 2016 28dsbh White Hawk. The radio will play for up to an hour or less and will just shut off. Power doesn’t shut off, it’s just the sound. If you turn it back on right away it might play for 1 minute or 10 minutes, but it will shut off fairly quickly the second or any consecutive times. I’ve done two hard resets with a pointy object in the reset area and that hasn’t fixed it. Our sleep timer says 0 so that’s not it, it’s not a fuse because we still have power to the radio, and the tv, dvd and cd’s work fine so it’s just the radio.

Our Jayco dealer in Grand Junction can’t figure it out. They took the unit in and went thru it prior to us buying it in June. It’s been researched by them and us and no one can figure it out. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Could it be getting hot? The thing is sometimes on the cool mornings it only plays for a few minutes when you first turn it on, so it’s very random! We are looking at putting in a new radio if we have too. Any thoughts or things to check are very appreciated!
Janine Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #2

Unless your dealer is an experienced electronic repair facility, there's most likely no way they can do much other than give it electricity, turn it on and wait. If it was me, I'd contact Furrion and see if they can take it back in house and test the board inside for blown caps, resistors or other parts that are board mounted. Otherwise, plan b, see if they have a field repair center that can do that kind of testing for you. Plan C, buy another radio and move on. Given the age of the unit, any of the three will cost money, the question is which is cheapest.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #3

Thanks for your input. Yes, I’m looking into a furrion repair center close by... but actually thinking a new radio is probably the way to go.
Janine Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #4

A new radio is the way to go imo , our 2017 jayflight came with a IRV single din radio , It was pretty junky . The first thing I did was rip that out and replace it with a much higher quality Pioneer Cd player / bluetooth / usb unit . Ive heard of alot of people having issues with Furrion electronics .
jordoncloutier is offline   Reply With Quote