Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
what "sticker weight"?

payload?
yes payload
__________________

mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
what is the payload?

not to start an argument but payload is one of the least things I would care about
__________________

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 89
my axle rating is at 3900 lbs per axle , but the sticker say gvwr is 6950
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
what is the payload?

not to start an argument but payload is one of the least things I would care about
1384 lbs payload minus passengers is at 780 lbs
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
what does the sticker say on the drivers door pillar?

total weight of all occupants and cargo can not exceed .........?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
what does the sticker say on the drivers door pillar?

total weight of all occupants and cargo can not exceed .........?
Thats what is so confusing. It says 1210 lbs , different stickers give different # Thats why I was looking at the gross axle weights
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #17
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
1210 sounds about right

so with 850lbs leaves you with 360 lbs +150 usually for driver = 510 total for mammals and cargo.

How much over are you?

I am not saying to disregard weights and allowances but I am on the side of the fence that doesn't think you will have a catastrophic event if you go over payload by a few hundred pounds...

I just noticed on another thread a Tundra with a fifth wheel. The king pin is likely north of 1800 plus the 200 or so for the hitch. I have never seen payload on a Tundra over 1600. People do go over payload.

I know what I would do.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West palm beach
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
1210 sounds about right

so with 850lbs leaves you with 360 lbs +150 usually for driver = 510 total for mammals and cargo.

How much over are you?

I am not saying to disregard weights and allowances but I am on the side of the fence that doesn't think you will have a catastrophic event if you go over payload by a few hundred pounds...

I just noticed on another thread a Tundra with a fifth wheel. The king pin is likely north of 1800 plus the 200 or so for the hitch. I have never seen payload on a Tundra over 1600. People do go over payload.

I know what I would do.
I think i would be 100 to 150 lb heavy on the hitch weight .
I do have timberns installed " helps level load when over loaded but when I use this I'm only driving a few miles around town with a pallet of mulch or sod in the truck " very heavy "
__________________

mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.