Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

TV for White Hawk

What is the best TV size and brand for 23 MBH? There must be dimension issues due to the slide out. I think that the Jayco website says 26" for this model, but I'm not sure. Must need to be very flat unit? Hopefully, it's an easy install and hookup.....
CPAJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
Site Team

My 22BHM came with a 24" Furrion. Seems to be fine for the size of the trailer.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #3

White Hawk television question

I reached out last week with this question and didn't get much response. I think maybe because I worded the question poorly. I'll try again.....
Just bought a 2015 White Hawk 23 MBH that did not come with a television. The cut out frame that the TV needs to get through is 30 W X 21 1/4 H. I'm trying to determine the appropriate size to purchase as well as the best bracket to purchase, as I am told that the bracket that is there now is missing something?? I'm looking at a Samsung 32" LED 1080P HDTV. It is 29.2" wide and 17.2 inches high. Is this too much TV for this location? Should we go with the 28" What say ye that have a similar TV environ?

The bracket recommended to me is a ProHT Full-Motion TV Wall Mount LCD/LED. Anyone have any experience with this thing? Will I have any issues mounting it where the prior bracket is?

Thanks so much for any insights.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAJIM View Post
I reached out last week with this question and didn't get much response. I think maybe because I worded the question poorly. I'll try again.....
Just bought a 2015 White Hawk 23 MBH that did not come with a television. The cut out frame that the TV needs to get through is 30 W X 21 1/4 H. I'm trying to determine the appropriate size to purchase as well as the best bracket to purchase, as I am told that the bracket that is there now is missing something?? I'm looking at a Samsung 32" LED 1080P HDTV. It is 29.2" wide and 17.2 inches high. Is this too much TV for this location? Should we go with the 28" What say ye that have a similar TV environ?

The bracket recommended to me is a ProHT Full-Motion TV Wall Mount LCD/LED. Anyone have any experience with this thing? Will I have any issues mounting it where the prior bracket is?

Not familiar with your layout, but like the post office says, "if it fits it ships".

As for the mount bracket I'm not sure what piece is missing?? Probably the actual piece that the tv is connect to. That part typically fits into a swivel bracket that allows for the tv to swivel side to side. They probably just loosened it and pulled it out with the tv. There are a lot of brackets out there but the ones designed for an RV is one that can be locked in place when you are towing. You release it when you get set up and then you can swivel as needed. There is a universal connection bracket that will match up with any hole pattern on the back of the tv as long as it has a common mounting pattern. An other thing to consider is where the plug ins are on the back of the set. I installed a replacement tv in our 2014WH and discovered that the plugins were covered by the mounting bracket. All worked after I took an angle grinder to the bracket to cut out the necessary opening.

Just get an RV mount.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

Quote:

This is where Jayco buys their mounts. You have to set up an account even if you just want to buy one:

KeBloc Products / Black KeBloc w/Hardware - LW Engineering

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #6

Not a whole lot of difference between a 28 and a 32, Filling up the space might look better asthecially
I've hardly ever heard anyone say "oh geese, I should've gotten a smaller TV"
If there are no other issues (cost), then go with the larger one to fill that void, enjoy!
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #7

What kind of studs if any are behind the wall? Wood studs? Do they run north and south like regular house studs? Or east and west? And how far apart. Stud finder isn’t helping for some reason.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
What kind of studs if any are behind the wall? Wood studs? Do they run north and south like regular house studs? Or east and west? And how far apart. Stud finder isn’t helping for some reason.
Easiest to just reuse the same holes after removing what is remaining from the original mount. If they don't match up exactly it should at least give you the location of the wall backing.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
This is where Jayco buys their mounts. You have to set up an account even if you just want to buy one:

KeBloc Products / Black KeBloc w/Hardware - LW Engineering
Just a clarification here...the Kebloc system is used by Jayco for the exterior factory TV mount on many Whitehawks. Many of us have opted to add and use them in the bedroom area as well to make it easy to move a tv back and forth to each location. Jayco interior mounts for the primary tv on the Whitehawk line are a different creature entirely....they are a larger and wider steel bracket assembly. Would a Kebloc mount work in this location? Probably. I don’t see why it wouldn’t unless there is a chance it might bounce off the lower locking groove while jostling down the road. I don’t leave my bedroom tv on the wall when traveling so can’t speak from experience on that.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote