Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #1

Question Whitehawk 27DSRL Slide

Trying to figure out how to manually crank in the slide in case the need ever arises. What the owners manual says and whats on the camper are completely different. The only thing I can find is a round rod with a pin thru it just aft of the tank drains on the front slide mechanism gear. If thats it, I think that Jaco should furnish a tool to fit it.
Samque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samque View Post
Trying to figure out how to manually crank in the slide in case the need ever arises. What the owners manual says and whats on the camper are completely different. The only thing I can find is a round rod with a pin thru it just aft of the tank drains on the front slide mechanism gear. If thats it, I think that Jaco should furnish a tool to fit it.
Your dealer should have supplied you a handles for that purpose. I was given 2 handles. One for the stabilzers and one for the slide
Old 04-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #3

I was given 2 handles also. The one for the stabilizers is correct, but the other one has a socket on the end of it and the only thing I can find that it fits is the lug nuts. My slide has a round rod with a pin thru it like the stabilizers except its bigger and where its located there is no way to get a long handled tool on it.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #4

When you take it in for service, have them show you how to manually open your slide. You'll find out soon enough if they gave you the right tool or not. It does look like it would be a pita to manually open the slide on my unit as well. Here's hoping I'll never have to.

Cheers
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #5

I called the factory on Monday and one of their tech guys called me back today. Very nice young man. He said there was a panel underneath on the door side that I could take off to get to the motor and the manual crank. The only panel I could find was about 16 inches square on the door side of the center line just in front of the wheels. Being the curious type that I am I just had to take it off. Mistake!! I found a square foot mostly empty hole. You could just see the end of the motor on the outboard side of it and I had to put my head up in the hole to see the other end of the motor where the manual crank was. It takes a 3/4 inch socket and ratchet to operate it and there was only about 6 inches of space to move the ratchet handle, so if the slide is all the way out and it has to be manually cranked in, it will take a long while to do it. Putting the panel back on was a real pita.