Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #1

Whitehawk 29reks with ledgestone option

It is beautiful and the heat is reliable.

Question though the brochure, website and build sheet all say 40" TV. The TV is from Furrion but they only have a 39", they have never offered a 40".

Is this false advertising?
The brochure and website have disclaimers that they can change things but the build sheet is what you should actually be building to.

Should Jayco compensate for this or replace the TV with the advertised size?

I feel like I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi got home opened it and found out it was an 11 pack of cokes.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd280 View Post
It is beautiful and the heat is reliable.

Question though the brochure, website and build sheet all say 40" TV. The TV is from Furrion but they only have a 39", they have never offered a 40".

Is this false advertising?

The brochure and website have disclaimers that they can change things but the build sheet is what you should actually be building to.

Should Jayco compensate for this or replace the TV with the advertised size?

I feel like I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi got home opened it and found out it was an 11 pack of cokes.

When we had our Jayflight built, the TV would have been $750. We bought our own at Best Buy for $199. (39"). The bracket is universal. See if you can return the TV and get your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #3

Quote:
If ^^^this was the case you made out a lot better.
As far as brochures go, almost all of them have errors.
Don't sweat it just enjoy your RV.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:31 AM   #4

We loved our 29REKS, and especially the fireplace. I wouldn't worry about the TV either, especially as the difference is only 1", and IMHO the Furrion is junk anyway. We replaced ours with a Samsung and were very happy with the results.

Enjoy the trailer!
Old 12-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
Site Team

Maybe they used a Chinese ruler?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 01-04-2017, 04:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
If ^^^this was the case you made out a lot better.
As far as brochures go, almost all of them have errors.
Don't sweat it just enjoy your RV.
The problem is to many just don't sweat it and it has given these companies (not just RV's) the ability to just make changes or dimish the product because people just accept it.

Jayco claims the 40" Furrion was discontinued.

Furrion never made a 40" that I can find.

But isn't Jayco's deflection perfect.

I think I deserve the 40" TV. It is what I purchased.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:27 AM   #7

You are entitled to the retail difference between a 39" and a 40" class TV. Which may be $50 or less.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
You are entitled to the retail difference between a 39" and a 40" class TV. Which may be $50 or less.
No Jayco's position is they are entitled to change specifications to anything without notice, disclosure, nor compensation.

"Jayco reserves the right to change price and specifications without notice"

So it is understood.
I wanted a new trailer.
We researched and based on many good reviews chose Jayco.
I found a floor plan that worked.
I looked over the USA for one that was what I wanted.
I found one.
Brand new.

I made an offer and they accepted.
I made arrangements to send funds to dealer.
I drove 7 hours picked up unit drove 7 hours home.

The next day I setup unit and began finding shortcomings. There have been many. Started out small stuff I was noticing. Trims, drawers, table. Then water heater, power jack, the kitchen sprayer flooded. Then I started looking over whole trailer.

Then I slept on the bed and started really finguring out what all had been changed and started getting upset.

False advertisement covered by a catchall justification.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #9

Quote:
No Jayco's position is they are entitled to change specifications to anything without notice, disclosure, nor compensation.

"Jayco reserves the right to change price and specifications without notice"

So it is understood.
I wanted a new trailer.
We researched and based on many good reviews chose Jayco.
I found a floor plan that worked.
I looked over the USA for one that was what I wanted.
I found one.
Brand new.

I made an offer and they accepted.
I made arrangements to send funds to dealer.
I drove 7 hours picked up unit drove 7 hours home.

The next day I setup unit and began finding shortcomings. There have been many. Started out small stuff I was noticing. Trims, drawers, table. Then water heater, power jack, the kitchen sprayer flooded. Then I started looking over whole trailer.

Then I slept on the bed and started really finguring out what all had been changed and started getting upset.

I never expected I would have to verify components of a name brand new unit
Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #10

That's one of the challenges of buying a unit unseen.

I am always surprised when a unit like that turns up. Most of the people here received exactly what they expected. The assemble line turns them out like cookie cutters. Then they make one like yours with all different stuff. Why?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #11

Being too picky I think. Head over to Walmart or Best Buys and take a ruler to the TVs and measure the screen against the size on the box. You will find some variation on tvs listed at the same size. 39 or 40 if viewed without a tape measure and I suspect you would not notice the missing 1".

I agree that they ought to deliver what they advertise but the electronics [tv, radio, microwave are whatever they could get the best low price on. Hint: watch the OEM tv for a year and wait for something to fail or not work correctly. Contact the dealer and demand it be fixed or replaced. They will not fix and Jayco will most likely give you a cash settlement and allow you to go out and buy what ever you want.

I read a lot of complaints about the oem radio/cd/dvr player and the same thing applies there as it does to the TV. Don't plan on watching your kids DVD's via the radio set up. It might work, but I found it problematic even after you figured out how to set it up and correct the missing wiring [mine came without the video cable connected to the back of the radio]. I bought a $40 DVD/blueray and hooked it to the tv as an aux input of its own. Works great and you don't have to screw with the radio set up. Also added a toggle kill switch so I could shut off that blue night light screen that will drain your battery when you are not connected to shore power. Cost $1.50 and 30 minutes of your time.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:

I would think this list of issues would be more disconcerting then the 39'' TV.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #13

Officially by FTC law a 40" class TV can measure 39.5".
Old 01-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Officially by FTC law a 40" class TV can measure 39.5".
Where can i see documentation of this?
Old 01-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Being too picky I think. Head over to Walmart or Best Buys and take a ruler to the TVs and measure the screen against the size on the box. You will find some variation on tvs listed at the same size. 39 or 40 if viewed without a tape measure and I suspect you would not notice the missing 1".

I agree that they ought to deliver what they advertise but the electronics [tv, radio, microwave are whatever they could get the best low price on. Hint: watch the OEM tv for a year and wait for something to fail or not work correctly. Contact the dealer and demand it be fixed or replaced. They will not fix and Jayco will most likely give you a cash settlement and allow you to go out and buy what ever you want.

I read a lot of complaints about the oem radio/cd/dvr player and the same thing applies there as it does to the TV. Don't plan on watching your kids DVD's via the radio set up. It might work, but I found it problematic even after you figured out how to set it up and correct the missing wiring [mine came without the video cable connected to the back of the radio]. I bought a $40 DVD/blueray and hooked it to the tv as an aux input of its own. Works great and you don't have to screw with the radio set up. Also added a toggle kill switch so I could shut off that blue night light screen that will drain your battery when you are not connected to shore power. Cost $1.50 and 30 minutes of your time.
I understand that. I am showing a pattern of issues starting with Jayco and ending with Jayco.

It is picky on this single item but cumulatively it is improper and unethical on their behalf. They were dismissive indicating Furrion had changed models and this was the replacement.

Truth be told Furrion has never had a 40" TV. Jayco rounded up to sound more impressive.

This item had no owners manual which is what started me investigating it and I believe this manual is withheld to avoid the topic of 39 or 40.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #16

https://hdguru.com/consumer-warning-...-screen-sizes/

Here is one link.

The first thing a lawyer will look at is your actual damages. The actual damage is a TV one inch smaller than advertised. Then how significant is that difference to the purchase of the trailer? Only you can answer that. Perhaps you would have purchased a different trailer which had a true 40" TV instead of this model.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #17

Quote:

Here is one link.

The first thing a lawyer will look at is your actual damages. The actual damage is a TV one inch smaller than advertised. Then how significant is that difference to the purchase of the trailer? Only you can answer that. Perhaps you would have purchased a different trailer which had a true 40" TV instead of this model.
If this was isolated then I wouldn't ever mention it.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #18

Quote:

Here is one link.

That link is great my tv measures 38 15/16th inch.
I think despite their specification change clause the class of tv advertised will govern.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #19

I bought a 2016 JayFlight.. Funny thing is that in the brochure and on the website, the TV option says 39", which is what I got. I wonder why the whitehawk says 40" if they're using the same 39"?

All these trailers have some shortcomings in quality IMO. Some more severe than others. The best thing to do is to make sure you do a full and proper PDI before accepting the unit. Any shortcomings can be addressed immediately prior to driving it off the lot. Warranty work can be a hassle if you didn't choose the right dealer, or expect service from a dealer other than whom you bought the rig from (some won't touch it).
Old 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #20

This is a lot of uproar over 1". I was always told size doesn't matter. Apparently I was misled?[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread