Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #1

Whitehawk exclusive Simmons Mattress

Can anyone post a photo of the mattress and the tags please!

Pretty sure I have been fleeced on mine and would like to verify ASAP before going back to dealer.
Kidd280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Standard mattresses (from the Denver Mattress Co.) on the Jay Flight have been an issue. In some of those cases, some folks found a mattress that was made in Indiana and not a Denver mattress.

I'm not certain that there have been many comments in this forum regarding the Simmons Mattresses. Does your mattress have a tag that says something other than Simmons or is it lacking a tag?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Standard mattresses (from the Denver Mattress Co.) on the Jay Flight have been an issue. In some of those cases, some folks found a mattress that was made in Indiana and not a Denver mattress.

I'm not certain that there have been many comments in this forum regarding the Simmons Mattresses. Does your mattress have a tag that says something other than Simmons or is it lacking a tag?
It has a Patrick Industries tag. I cannot find any connection between Patrick Industries and Simmons.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #4

It looks like Patrick Ind. has a division called Westside Furniture that is a wholesale supplier of La-Z-Boy recliners and the Serta mattress line, among other furniture products, to the RV industry. Didn't find anything that mentioned Simmons. Maybe start by calling Patrick and ask them what it is, I find it strange they would take a Serta or Simmons tag off and put theirs on.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
It looks like Patrick Ind. has a division called Westside Furniture that is a wholesale supplier of La-Z-Boy recliners and the Serta mattress line, among other furniture products, to the RV industry. Didn't find anything that mentioned Simmons. Maybe start by calling Patrick and ask them what it is, I find it strange they would take a Serta or Simmons tag off and put theirs on.
For full disclosure I am knee deep in dealing with Jayco on this.

Now that a couple replies have come I will explain.

The mattress sucks!
I pulled sheets off bed to investigate and seen these tags. Patrick Industries.

I had a red flag. I sent photos to Jayco and got an email back saying it was incorrect mattress and they suggested buying locally and they would send me 150.00. I asked where can I buy the right mattress for 150...I should have zero out of pocket.

The response was no idea they buy from Westside for 111.58. So I contacted Westside to buy one. Their woman who handles mattresses asked some questions about my mattress. I did not have the tags or access to photos while speaking with her but she told me her "Patrick" part number that should be on bed and it was a Simmons. I verified I have that Patrick part number.

Now I have conflicting information...

So I reach out to Simmons myself. Low and behold Simmons researches and emails me back ...

"Thank you for the inquiry on your Simmons bedding products. The information that we received regarding your bedding indicates that you do not have a Simmons product. We are sorry that we are unable to assist you.

Please contact either your dealer or your bedding manufacturer directly for assistance."

Further reviewing my build sheet it clearly says mattress, pillowtop. This is not a pillowtop. It could serve as a pool table.

I want a photo of the correct mattress, if it even exists.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #6

I had a similar question when I first got my trailer. It's in storage but if my memory serves, my tag says something along the line of "made by ____ under license from Simmons". If I get a chance to go to the storage facility I'll take a picture of it.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalton View Post
I had a similar question when I first got my trailer. It's in storage but if my memory serves, my tag says something along the line of "made by ____ under license from Simmons". If I get a chance to go to the storage facility I'll take a picture of it.
My tags attached. No mention of Simmons.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5314.jpg   IMG_5316.jpg  
Old 01-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #8

And Jayco says the can advertise what they want and sell you it on paper but when they build it they can substitute anything they want and you are forced to accept it.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 AM   #9

FWIW we have a Simmons and like every other tt mattress we have laid on it is horrible. I'm adding a topper right away.

Your damages BTW at best are the difference between what you received and what was promised. Probably less than $100. I'd take the money they offered and buy a quality mattress topper. You will be better off than the Simmons rv special mattress.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
FWIW we have a Simmons and like every other tt mattress we have laid on it is horrible. I'm adding a topper right away.

Your damages BTW at best are the difference between what you received and what was promised. Probably less than $100. I'd take the money they offered and buy a quality mattress topper. You will be better off than the Simmons rv special mattress.
Is yours a 2017? Is it Pillowtop as advertised?

I put a 249.00 bed bath and beyond topper highly rated and this thing is still awful.

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/therapedic-reg-memory-gel-trade-2-inch-mattress-enhancer-in-white/3250725?categoryId=13110+4294966331+9068003

I drove 120 miles to find one of these in stock.

Im fixin to just order a memory foam and be done with it since Jayco clearly is not being logical and feels screwing me and others is acceptable.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #11

Quote:

Yup! I agree 100%! Any mattress supplied by Jayco will not be good. My 2016 came with a 'denver' mattress. I laid down on it for about a second and realized right away it was junk. I went and ordered a Brentwood memory gel mattress immediately. I had the memory gel mattress before i even took delivery of the trailer. I never slept on the denver before giving it away.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #12

Mine is a 2017. I believe it is a pillow top but I'm not certain.

Honestly I didn't buy a mattress, I bought a travel trailer. The brand of mattress didn't factor in our decision at all. Iirc depending on where I looked it was listed as Simmons and in another area Denver. But I could be mistaken.

Again it's sad. Nothing short of a full refund on the trailer will make you happy. If that topper didn't work nothing will ever work.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Mine is a 2017. I believe it is a pillow top but I'm not certain.

Honestly I didn't buy a mattress, I bought a travel trailer. The brand of mattress didn't factor in our decision at all. Iirc depending on where I looked it was listed as Simmons and in another area Denver. But I could be mistaken.

Again it's sad. Nothing short of a full refund on the trailer will make you happy. If that topper didn't work nothing will ever work.
This isnt happy or mad, it is principal.
Look up 2017 Jayco and this exclusive mattress is a big selling point.

I appreciate you not being concerned with the components that are a part of the package. Sadly my disposable income is not something I want to just waste, especially when I didn't get what I paid for initially.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:03 PM   #14

Mattress

Hey kid280, welcome to the RV world, if you got fleeced rest assured it want be the last time. Take the money and run!!! Go with a 10 to 12" Memory Foam from Amazon ($400 to $600 range) and you will sleep happily ever after.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd280 View Post
This isnt happy or mad, it is principal.
Look up 2017 Jayco and this exclusive mattress is a big selling point.

I appreciate you not being concerned with the components that are a part of the package. Sadly my disposable income is not something I want to just waste, especially when I didn't get what I paid for initially.
The total dollar difference between what you were expecting and what you received was at most a couple hundred dollars. That's probably less than 1% of the total purchase price. For less than 1% you have major heartburn.

Btw, they probably sold you old tires as well. The date code on the tires originally on my 2017 model year unit was 2015. I insisted on the dealer replacing them with newer tires. Most rv tires rot out before they wear out.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #16

Like kidd280, we had the same experience with our 2017 23rb. Did same research with got same results except for the $ offer. I sent all the info to our Camping World dealer in case they got inquiries. I still have my "Jayco Exclusive SIMMONS BeautySleep" hang tag. Can't understand why Jayco and Simmons/Serta would risk their reputations on outright deception over a mattress. Doesn't pay to advertise junk anyway...consumers are a lot smarter than these so-called marketing execs. We wasted $ on the topper also, but sadly will be buying a new mattress before heading out this spring.
wjslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #17

Quote:
The total dollar difference between what you were expecting and what you received was at most a couple hundred dollars. That's probably less than 1% of the total purchase price. For less than 1% you have major heartburn.

Btw, they probably sold you old tires as well. The date code on the tires originally on my 2017 model year unit was 2015. I insisted on the dealer replacing them with newer tires. Most rv tires rot out before they wear out.
Some people should keep their thoughts to themselves, as my mother used to say if you have nothing good to say don't say it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #18

My situation is resolved.
The solution is have your dealer reach out to their regional jayco sales manager.

Not sure why customer service lacks customer service but there are good proper folks still at Jayco.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Some people should keep their thoughts to themselves, as my mother used to say if you have nothing good to say don't say it.
Indeed. As my mother use to say sometimes the most difficult advice is our own. [emoji3]