Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #141

Shopping now

I am looking at the X23B and the 212QB now. Trying to decide.They both have great features. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between 212QB & 212QBW? The Jay Flight 21QB has nice upgrades, but do not see any in the used market that I am in.
Krazyboutcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #142

I cannot tell you exactly what the differences are but here are the specs as listed at the Jayco site. The only difference I see is in weight. The QB has a higher unloaded weight and has a lower max gross weight (500 lbs less than the QBW) and less cargo capacity (about 600 lbs) than the QBW.

Otherwise, looking at the floor plans on the Jayco site, they appear to be laid out the same. It may be Jayco is dropping the "W" from the name. They may have changed construction and/or materials to build it to lower the weight. You might want to call Jayco and ask them. If you do, ask about axle capacity. They may have gone to a lighter axle. That will make a big difference when loaded and towing the rig.

https://www.jayco.com/products/trave...t-slx-8/212qb/
212QB | 2019 Jay Flight SLX 8

Weights & Measures
Weights
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 4215
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 460
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs) 5500
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs) 1285

Measurements
Exterior Length 25' 6"
Exterior Width 96"
Interior Height 81"
Wheel Base 201 - 7/8"

Tank Capacities
Fresh Water Capacity (gals) 42

Other
Sleeping Capacity 4 - 5

https://www.jayco.com/products/trave...8-west/212qbw/
212QBW | 2019 Jay Flight SLX 8

Weights & Measures
Weights
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 4135
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 440
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs) 6000
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs) 1865

Measurements
Exterior Length 25' 6"
Exterior Width 96"
Interior Height 81"
Wheel Base 201-7/8"

Tank Capacities
Fresh Water Capacity (gals) 42

Other
Sleeping Capacity 4-5

Let us know what you decide.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #143

I believe the weight discrepancies are differences tied to a geographic area. When you first access Jayco's website and select a line to look at you are asked to indicate your region of the country and it states that models are adapted to the region they are sold. You'll notice for example if you select the eastern region you only see the 212QB and options such as the Baja edition and the Rocky Mountain edition are not available. When selecting the western region only the 212QBW shows and the Baja and Rocky Mountain editions are available. These options add some weight and the larger fresh water capacity on the Rocky Mountain edition requires some added cargo capacity which is likely why the discrepancy in ratings/capacities between the QB and QBW.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #144

Here's a link to look at the specs of both TT, seems to be pretty accurate.
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/specs...m5533-y2018-t5
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
I believe the weight discrepancies are differences tied to a geographic area. When you first access Jayco's website and select a line to look at you are asked to indicate your region of the country and it states that models are adapted to the region they are sold. You'll notice for example if you select the eastern region you only see the 212QB and options such as the Baja edition and the Rocky Mountain edition are not available. When selecting the western region only the 212QBW shows and the Baja and Rocky Mountain editions are available. These options add some weight and the larger fresh water capacity on the Rocky Mountain edition requires some added cargo capacity which is likely why the discrepancy in ratings/capacities between the QB and QBW.
That might be new on Jayco's part. I purchased a new QBW in southern GA, after seeing the exact same spec model in NM. I agree the Rocky Mt edition has options that add to the empty weight but the QB has a lower gross (max) weight. Changes like an additional 42 gallons of water would add more than 300 lbs. I don't see how that would give you a 600 lb lower loaded gross weight and lower hitch weight.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
That might be new on Jayco's part. I purchased a new QBW in southern GA, after seeing the exact same spec model in NM. I agree the Rocky Mt edition has options that add to the empty weight but the QB has a lower gross (max) weight. Changes like an additional 42 gallons of water would add more than 300 lbs. I don't see how that would give you a 600 lb lower loaded gross weight and lower hitch weight.
Jayco's website has been that way for a number of years now. It was calling out specific geographic regions for certain lines like the SLX at least as far back as 2014 when we were initially looking at the 195RB. Another option available on the QBW and not the QB is fiberglass walls. I believe the variety and combination of options available for the QBW are what drive the higher GVWR and CCC values. The Baja Edition includes dual 30lb propane tanks plus 16" off road tires. Combine that with the Rocky Mountain edition which includes a number of items in addition to the extra 40 gallons of fresh water and I think it's easy to see why the difference in GVWR/CCC between the two models. They have to account for the possibility of combining all those options together concurrently on the QBW but not on the QB. I'm not aware of any restrictions that say a western model can only be sold in the western region but I know that my local dealer only carries the "W" models in the SLX line - some with and some without the additional options such as Baja and Rocky Mountain edition.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:30 AM   #147

We have the 175RD bought for a 2017 Toyota Highlander. Pulled fine but we live in the Sierras and needed a truck. Flipped into a 2017 F150, fully loaded w tow, now trying to flip into a 212QB for the walk around bed mainly, Rear area secondly. Question:
Anyone replace the matress with a full Queen? If so, what Mods are needed? Going to Cal Expo RV Show tomorrow to wheel and deal.
If we cant swing it, the 175RD is good enough and I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV towable RV made to include Lance, Winnebago, Forrester, etc etc. Best of class that 175, like best of class the 212QB...

Repeat question: Will a Full Queen matress fit in the 212QB???
Calrootpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 AM   #148

Here is the custom tv mount I made, 28" TV (RCA not the best brand but slim pickings out there for 28" tv's and a 28 is the largest that fits), 26" LG sound bar with a DVD player mounted in the cubby to the left. Painted trim to match and all held together with Gorilla Tape. Also upgraded the the stereo to a Kenwood system with larger speakers inside and out. The TV fits snuggly in the compartment and is totally removable for travel or viewing elsewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
tv1.jpg   tv2.jpg   tv3.jpg  
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrootpeg View Post
We have the 175RD bought for a 2017 Toyota Highlander. Pulled fine but we live in the Sierras and needed a truck. Flipped into a 2017 F150, fully loaded w tow, now trying to flip into a 212QB for the walk around bed mainly, Rear area secondly. Question:
Anyone replace the matress with a full Queen? If so, what Mods are needed? Going to Cal Expo RV Show tomorrow to wheel and deal.
If we cant swing it, the 175RD is good enough and I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV towable RV made to include Lance, Winnebago, Forrester, etc etc. Best of class that 175, like best of class the 212QB...

Repeat question: Will a Full Queen matress fit in the 212QB???
We replaced the stock mattress (if you can call it a mattress) with the 8" Zinus RV Queen from Amazon and it has worked out very well in our 212QB. If you installed the full queen, you would have an issue squeezing along the bathroom wall to get to the left side of the bed. There isn't much room.

BTW, I'm 6'3" and 250lbs. No issue with the DW and myself on the RV Queen.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #150

Sorry for posting twice, just needed info before we leave. ������ The left side is my wifes side, so all is good....lololol
Calrootpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrootpeg View Post
Sorry for posting twice, just needed info before we leave. ������ The left side is my wifes side, so all is good....lololol
I cut a 6-inch strip of foam the width and height of the mattress and put it at the head of the bed to “extend” the mattress. It works well with a 3-inch gel foam topper and I’m 6-6. But DW does have to shuffle a bit to go around to her side. It’s narrow but still better than climbing over each other.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote