Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #81

We currently have a 175RD and considering going to a little larger (wider and walk around bed) unit for myself, DW, and small dog. I lean toward a rear living with a slide but my DW would prefer to stay with a non slide floor plan and shorter length.

The 212 or the Jay flight 21qb appear to meet our need but I have one concern. We live in the Pacific Northwest and like to go to the coast which is known for many days of rain or showers.

Do you find the side by side placement of the dinette and the sofa feeling too confining?? I notice that some people are opting to remove the dinette. There may be days where we would need to spend an entire day or two inside the unit.
Andersen WDH
560 watts solar, roof mounted and portable suitcases
2000 watt PSW Inverter
OregonPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Installed this last weekend. Finally have a stopper that really works in the bathroom sink. Moderate work to install.

I used heat to soften the black tailpipe off the bottom of the sink and then used a screwdriver to pry it off. Then you have to ream out the bottom of the sink drain until you can force fit the new tailpipe screw threads through. Plumber putty around the base of the drain, tighten the nut and reattach the P trap and you are in business. Took me about 45 minutes (after figuring out I needed to soften the black pipe) start to finish. If anything gets dropped into the sink, we now have a good chance we won't have to pull the plumbing apart to recover it.

Sorry I don't have photos of the work in progress but will upload before and after photos in the next few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-B...y+Installation

Here are photos of the installed drain. Plug works great, actually holds water and the inner catch will help stop anything that may drop into the drain.
Attached Thumbnails
20180403_134550.jpg   20180403_134556.jpg   20180403_134618.jpg  
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #83

We don't find it restrictive., but there are just the 2 of us 90% of the time.
when we have our grands ages 5-6 with us a little tight. We chose the rear living for just that reason of inclement weather. gives us a nice view out the back and on sides when are confined indoors. a place to read, eat, puzzle, game etc.
thanks Troutcamper
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonPerson View Post
We currently have a 175RD and considering going to a little larger (wider and walk around bed) unit for myself, DW, and small dog. I lean toward a rear living with a slide but my DW would prefer to stay with a non slide floor plan and shorter length.

The 212 or the Jay flight 21qb appear to meet our need but I have one concern. We live in the Pacific Northwest and like to go to the coast which is known for many days of rain or showers.

Do you find the side by side placement of the dinette and the sofa feeling too confining?? I notice that some people are opting to remove the dinette. There may be days where we would need to spend an entire day or two inside the unit.
We bought our SLX212 specifically because of the rear living area and windows on three sides. Our first “real” trip was to the redwood coast in February. Two of the five days it rained but we were very comfortable — kicked back on the sofa and watched movies, read, napped, ate at the table. Being able to look out (even at rain) through windows on all sides makes a huge difference. We specifically didn’t want to mess with a slide; don’t miss it at all. I’d never remove the dinette — it’s just right for even 4 people.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #85

I don't think it would be constraining. I don't have that floor plan. I have the 23RB which is longer, but doesn't have a slide.

I really liked the 21QB floor plan, except for one thing. The total lack of space to put clothes. I need more room than provided in the wardrobes on either side of the bed. If the 21QB was a 23QB and included a wardrobe in addition to the ones beside the bed, I would have been all over it. I would like the windows surrounding the seats in the rear.

Quote:

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I don't think it would be constraining. I don't have that floor plan. I have the 23RB which is longer, but doesn't have a slide.

I really liked the 21QB floor plan, except for one thing. The total lack of space to put clothes. I need more room than provided in the wardrobes on either side of the bed. If the 21QB was a 23QB and included a wardrobe in addition to the ones beside the bed, I would have been all over it. I would like the windows surrounding the seats in the rear.
Atlee makes a good point, but the extra wardrobe space wasn’t worth the extra weight and length of a larger coach to us. Unless you need to hang a lot of clothes, there is plenty of shelf and cabinet space for folded things. And there’s the storage under the foot of the bed, which is on struts. You’ll find plastic totes are your good friend.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #87

We need the extra wardrobe space. Case in point. We're going out to Yellowstone NP and other places in the high Rockies. The temperature swings can be pretty big. We need room for jackets, plus a number of pieces of clothing since we'll be gone at least a month and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Atlee makes a good point, but the extra wardrobe space wasn’t worth the extra weight and length of a larger coach to us. Unless you need to hang a lot of clothes, there is plenty of shelf and cabinet space for folded things. And there’s the storage under the foot of the bed, which is on struts. You’ll find plastic totes are your good friend.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #88

We like our 212QBW. We had a small fifth with a similar layout. We put the TV
on the table, sit on the couch with our feet up. Dog is no problem, we have a lab. She gets a spot beside the bed. Also have a cat. Lack of wardrobe is a pita. We put a hanger on the bathroom door. Going to put some hangers on the outside of the bathroom facing bed. Doing a bunch of small mods now that we have used it. First one is a medicine cabinet,
as there is only a mirror. Then a drawer under the couch. Oh and the couch is not that comfortable. Think I will try tilting it back.Going to put a net over the bed shelf. We downsized from 23RKS Creekside to this slightly smalerl unit and it is much handier. Other one was nicer when it was parked. Glad I went down a size.
kayco53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #89

Thanks all for the replies....... I'm getting close to deciding to purchase a 2018 Colorado Edition of a 212QBW with Thermal package that is located within 100 miles of where I live.

There are no Jay Flight 21QB that are close to where I am located but hopefully there isn't too much structural difference between the Colorado Edition SLX and a Jay Flight in the roofing or flooring.
Andersen WDH
2000 watt PSW Inverter
Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #90

One more question:

Any of you using or had experience using an Andersen WDH with the 212QBW with 1/2 ton pickup?? If so how was it??

Thanks again.

I apologize to the OP, I never know when to start a new thread. I asked under Towing but only 1 response from somebody with a similar weight and size trailer but using 3/4 ton as TV.
Andersen WDH
2000 watt PSW Inverter
Old 04-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #91

When we bought our TT our dealer strongly recommended the Andersen for the ease and lack of noise. So I had it installed at the same time. Our TV is a 3/4 ton, and I’m a newbie, but I really like what I’ve seen. No sway and EZ to hook up; the DW can do it!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #92

x2 wishing they made a 23QBW the extra storage would be great. but the 212qbw is great for now.
thanks Eric
Old 04-11-2018, 03:47 AM   #93

I agree about building a 23QB. If there was on that long with the extra space devoted to a wardrobe, it would be perfect, for me. And if the 21QB or a stretched 23QB had a wardrobe in 2017 when I bought my 2017 23RB, I would have jumped all over it.

At this point, it doesn't matter of course. I have a new 2017 23RB which is my last trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutcamper View Post
x2 wishing they made a 23QBW the extra storage would be great. but the 212qbw is great for now.
thanks Eric

Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #94

Just bought 2017 Baja, not used yet still to much snow in Montana
jjhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #95

Hi all - I started with a 20' Jayflight Swift back in 2012. Changed to a big A class Forest River Georgetown (2015) when we had work needs (rolling office). The work need has changed and now I'm going back to a Jayco 212QBW with the Rocky Mountain package.

Looking forward to no slides, cheaper insurance, cheaper gas, easier maintenance, less stress etc etc etc. Not impressed with ForestRiver though I've heard that the Georgetowns are the most 'challenging'.

When we had the little Swift we had a lot of fun camping. But it was too small to work out of (two of us, a boxer, a spaniel and a cat.....). Then the A class....very comfortable, fantastic to work out of, zero camping experience (too much glamp).

The 212QBW will be primarily camping, also used for week long hotel when I visit the main office in Vancouver (about once per month or two) and occasionally for work related site visits....particularly when I want to add some recreation time to it.
Lordendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:14 AM   #96

Sounds good! Enjoy it.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #97

Quote:
Thanks all for the replies....... I'm getting close to deciding to purchase a 2018 Colorado Edition of a 212QBW with Thermal package that is located within 100 miles of where I live.

There are no Jay Flight 21QB that are close to where I am located but hopefully there isn't too much structural difference between the Colorado Edition SLX and a Jay Flight in the roofing or flooring.
There is a Rocky Mountain edition at BlueDog in Medford. Walked through it a week ago and loved it. Just couldn't do the extra weight and found a 2018 used on CL and picked it up a week ago.
Spoon9388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #98

The roof and floor are the same. There are at least 2 differences between the Jay Flight and Jay Flight SLX that would keep me from getting a SLX model.

1) No cabinets over the bed, and no doors in the end of the dinette seats which allows easy access to the space under the seats.

There are other more cosmetic changes such as the kitchen faucet, etc that I could live with.

Those two I mentioned would cause me to not buy an SLX. For other folks, it makes no difference. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon9388 View Post
There is a Rocky Mountain edition at BlueDog in Medford. Walked through it a week ago and loved it. Just couldn't do the extra weight and found a 2018 used on CL and picked it up a week ago.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #99

Has anybody added over bed cabinets to their 212 qbw??
Andersen WDH
2000 watt PSW Inverter
Old 04-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #100

Personally, we prefer the open shelf above the bed. It’s an easy place to store extra blankets, pillow shams, sweatshirts etc. Its nice not having to wrestle with tight-fit cabinet doors. As for having doors under the dinette seat, I’d love that but it wasn’t a deal breaker. Easy enough to get to the storage from above. May be a project for later, though. Like Atlee says, different strokes...