Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #21

I check on mine every few days or during/after a rain. Sometime I just set on the couch with a cold beer and relax.

30 nights camping in 2014

2009 F250 4x4 - 6.4l stock
mwest75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #22

I kept mine in a barn about a 80 yards from the house. Got tired of tramping through the snow to check on it, so moved it down to AZ. Right now it's a chilly 48 here, but a chillier 2 at home. Guess I'll stay with it a few more months!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
Blamb97 that is so cool you have that metal building to keep your camper in. Mine is covered but I would love to have something like that to back it into.
i wish i could say that was my building... A friend of mine has a neighbor that keeps his diesel pusher Class A in there during the summer, and drives it to Florida for the winter. so it sits empty. So i approached him to see if he would rent it.. Glad to not have all this snow and ice stacking up on it.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #24

Mine is in a metal building with the slides out and plugged in. It's just a few yards from the back of the house so I am in there almost every day.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #25

I'd like to check on our's. But it's in a locked building at the county fair grounds. It'd take a very large snow plow or front end loader a good hour or two just to clear a path to get to the building. Tentative date for getting it out is around the 12th ot 18th of April. But it all hinges on when the snow melts and ground dries up.
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #26

Had a random nice weekend. Checked the camper out. Got up on the roof and check the seals. Everything looks great. Got the fire pit out and cooked some hot dogs and smores. The kids loved it. Not full camping but better then nothing. Helped with the cabin fever.
jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #27

Just checked on ours yesterday. We cold store for these long Michigan winters. Everything looked good. Cover is in great shape despite several significant winter windstorms we've had. Very little snow on the roof & no animal tracks in the snow. The lot owner where we store the trailer has 2 cats that patrol the area & take care of the rodent population. Owner said in all the 30+ years he's been there, he's never had one customer complain about mice or critters getting into their trailers. A tip I can pass along to those who cover their trailers...take some plastic milk or soap cartons...the ones that have handles....& fill them with sand. You'll need 3-4 pair of them. Then, starting at the back of the trailer, throw a piece of rope over the trailer. Tie one end to one of the handles, then go around to the other side of the trailer & put the other end of the rope through the handle & adjust the length of the rope so that both jugs are off the ground, just below the wall of the trailer & tie off the rope. Place the remaining pairs of the jugs equally apart from the other pairs up to the front of the trailer. doing this will allow the cover to billow out slightly in higher winds, but not so much that the cover acts like a sail & can pull, get caught on the trailer, causing the cover to rip & tear. You may get a small hole or two, but they're easily patched when you take the cover off in the spring. Just be sure to do the usual wrapping & padding of any corners, sharp edges, etc. before you cover the trailer.

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #28

Checked on mine a couple times so far this winter, all is good! Thank god
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #29

Checked on mine again. Man it is cold in there. Who leaves there TV in the camper for the winter. Wanted to sleep in there so bad. But with the cover on, can't put on heat. It is 9 degrees outside now, it would be cool to sleep in there. Try out how good the heater is with the polar package and the double pane windows. Who has or is sleeping in there camper in these cold temperatures. Read of a few but let's hear more. Like to read how people winter camp.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:28 AM   #30

Our pup is parked in my parent's back yard, 25 miles away, for the winter. I visit them when I can and clear the snow buildup on the roof of the pup. This year has had plenty for our area and I'd hate for the roof to get damaged.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #31

I have ours on a lake in north Louisiana all winter. I'm retired so we go and stay for a week or so when the weather is not too cold. The coldest so far when we were there was 25 degrees. I have the 3/4" PVC insulation over my water hose and my two gray tank valves stay open. No problem witch freezing. When we leave, I undo and drain the water hose, low point drains and water heater. Then I open the black tank valve and flush it, leaving it open. My sewer hose stays hooked up. It's about a 4' run from camper to the sewer drain with a big drop, so no water stays trapped in it. My son and his buddy will be there this weekend fishing.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #32

Just turned the water on, charged battery, tested AC and propane stove/hotwater tank. All is good.
We park her in back yard. Temperatures in hgh 70's in Phx and going into 80's. Maybe too hi to soon
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #33

Checked on ours today. Its still all nice and snuggled up for the winter.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #34

Checked on my today after we received 10 inches of snow last week. My propane cover was blown off (bottles are at home) and all the snow melted off the roof....thankfully no leaks! I did notice someone's footprints in the snow that lead to my TT door then to the boat next to mine....makes me a bit nervous but I've been in the same place for almost a year with no problems.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
Well I got in my camper today, was able to walk trough the whole thing. It looks good, I'm glad to see. I keep dryer sheets in ours also. Blamb97 that is so cool you have that metal building to keep your camper in. Mine is covered but I would love to have something like that to back it into. This is a tough cold winter so far. Would love to spend the night in our camper. Does anyone else sleep in there camper during the winter
We are using ours this winter in the white mountains of New Hampshire. As I am typing this they are currently expecting 18"+ of snow. We are heading up there tomorrow night to spend 6 nights in it. This will be our longest winter trip. Have only spent a couple nights previously.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote