Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoore701 View Post
I have a 2010 bunkhouse and i am chasing some kind of water leak. Either way why in the world do we have the under cover and insulation????? I will not use it in the winter. I do in the summer. Can i just cut that out so i can get it to dry under there?????
I think the basement (the under belly area) is heated to keep the tanks from freezing if I am not mistaken. You will loose some heat if you do not seal it back up. If you even camp at 40 degrees the heater will most likely be on.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #22

Missing/ removed insulation would affect resale by a knowledgeable buyer/ inspector
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #23

Are you talking about the large sheet of heavy plastic that covers the bottom? If so you can work with it. It is a little wider than the bottom of the I-beams with screws holding the middle up and where the I-beams are. I needed to attach a spare tire carrier to the bottom. So with a lot of screw removals and some flexing of the plastic I was able to get it away from the frame. I did what I needed then put it back in (harder than taking it out) and put the screws back in. Your task will be bigger and more work but totally doable. But you might need help. I have the Baja edition and my trailer is higher than others which gives me more room under the trailer (at least I think higher ground clearance is part of the Baja model).
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote