Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #1

Why So Loud? - Bathroom Vent Fan

This is my experience with an RV bathroom fan, so maybe this is normal. I noticed though that the vent fan in the bathroom is very loud. It is the factory Ventline, but I didn't expect it to be so loud. One reason I'm concerned about it being so loud is that with bathroom being right next to the bunkhouse it will probably wake up my girls if someone turns it on by accident at night or during nap time. Plus it would be nice to leave it running for ventilation.

I'm sure the thing moves lots of air, but what would you recommend for a fan that still moves a good amount of air but isn't so loud? Not concerned with it having a remote, though a thermostat could be handy. I'm just disappointed because I saw the Ventline brand and figured it would be a good product as I have a Ventline bathroom fan in the hall bath of my house (It's a newer manufactured home) and it works well and isn't too noisy.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #2

Those bath fans have always been one of my early mods. They make a lot or racket and don't move much air. I replaced the one in my first Jayco with a Fantastic and then on my Winnebago I installed a Maxxair reversible three speed. Bought the current Jayco and moved the Maxxair to it.

Nice thing about replacing them with something like the Maxxair is that power is already there. Fairly straight forward installation. A bit spendy though.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #3

There was a post here a while ago where the person just took out the fan itself and replaced it with a high volume computer fan. They are much quieter. I've never felt that we needed as much of a fan there as a Fantastic or Maxxair.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #4

This is the one I installed (but didn't purchase from CW). It has 10 speeds and on the low setting it's very quiet. Nice also cuz it has an outside cover built-in so you don't need a separate cover. I got the manual operation not remote.
MaxxFan Manual-Opening RV Ventilator Systems - Product - Camping World

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #5

MaxxAir reversible multi-speed fans coupled with the MaxxAir vent covers. Awesome, VERY quiet and controlled by a thermostat, so you choose whatever temperature setting you want, and just leave it. Whenever the bathroom or (in our unit) the bedroom gets too hot, they come on and suck out the hot air.

They have a green pilot light on them, so you always know when they are in the automatic setting.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

These are pretty easy to install and work real well. They won't break the bank either. I put a reversing fan on them too so I can use them to blow air into the trailer. I think they make several different models. Search around on Amazon for the exact type you need.

http://www.amazon.com/Hengs-90043-CR...ds=rv+vent+fan
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote