Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #1

window condensation probs

took the 165 out this weekend and notices a good bit of condensation inside the glass and around the inside of the alum window frames to the point of dripping inside in the mornings. yes, it was a bit chilly outside at night and had the heater going inside but is this there any known way to combat this? I had noticed some condensation a few weeks back durring a camp driveway overnighter so i applied rainx anti-fog inside but that didnt seem to help anything as I found out. I know also once the weather warms up this spring it wont really be a issue anymore but just wondering what/if anything others have done.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #2

You really need double pane windows to solve the condensation problem but you can open a vent a little, get some airflow and it cuts down on it quite a bit.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #3

I'm trying to dig it up, but I read on this forum or rv.net an interesting idea to combat it. I may not have this totally right, but some of you may get the picture.....

This guy would take a strip of foam rubber say a couple inches thick and would stick, tape, however the strip to the outside of the window on the bottom. He said it would keep that section of the window warmer and as the condensation drips down the window it gets into that warmer insulated part of the window and would start evpaorating the closer it got to that foam rubber portion of the window. Get the idea?

I will try to find that post, but I'm not having much luck.....

Sounds interesting..
2006 GMC Ext Cab 2500HD 4X4/6.0/4.10
RTR!
gilldawg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Couple of thoughts -- I think you are going to get the condensation regardless of what you do, the question is how to minimize it. The moisture from people, showers, coffee makers, propane heaters, etc all contribute to it. You can even get it in the summer time.

I keep my bathroom vent open all the time and if it is not super cold I keep a window cracked as well. I installed a larger fan in the bathroom and run it during the day to make sure there is not a long term moisture build up. Also be careful when applying anything to the window. If you look on some of the windows, there is a small slit where water can escape.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #5

Ventelation and curculation is the best answer. You can't always get rid of it.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #6

How about a small dehumidifier and an ocsillating fan?

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #7

thanks for the replys! Ive noticed just probs when there is a drastic temp change between inside/outside. I think the windows being single pane is part of the prob but you guys are right, I'll try to keep some of the windows cracked but also a vent cover for the bathroom vent to let me keep it open without worries of rain entering. the window channels are cleaned out and weep holes are de-clogged. Ive since placed a couple of damp-rid absorber packs inside to help. oh, on a side note: dont reach inside of closed metal blinds to slide open a window. I have a DEEP cut on my nuckle (borderline needing stitches) from doing so..
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
You really need double pane windows to solve the condensation problem but you can open a vent a little, get some airflow and it cuts down on it quite a bit.
Yes double pane does solve the condensation issue, my last jayco did that all the time we try everything to stop it but no way to do it. This 2011 I ordered with double pane and the issue is gone.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #9

We had that too, but seemed to quickly evaporate once the sun hit the trailer. I have noticed those slits on the pane and assumed we'd have condensation.