Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2022, 05:43 PM   #1

Window security film

Has any ever used a window security film on door glass for added security or any other windows for that matter.
It claims to hold glass together and make it very difficult to enter/ break glass and gives uv protection it is clear Not a tint..
I thought it might make it more difficult to enter thru broken door window glass
This is what listed on Amazon….About this item
Window Security Film-【PROTECT YOUR SECURITY】-It is equivalent to an invisible barrier, giving you a sense of security .Pasting this window security film can prevent the glass from bursting due to any accident, and it will be a complete piece after being broken, so as to avoid being cut by glass shards.
Window Security Film-【HD TRANSPARENT】-This window security film is high-definition and transparent, will not affect the outdoor field of vision, nor will it destroy the overall indoor collocation. It is an intangible protection.
Window Security Film-【STRONG ADHESIVES】-The back of this explosion-proof membrane comes with glue, which has strong adhesion, and is waterproof, oil-proof and moisture-proof, so
Irishwake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:29 AM   #2

I've only used regular tint. On the main entry door as a substitute for the shade. I've heard of this film before though. Have you looked into alarm systems..like Tattletail? It's about $20 a month with text alerts and can run off DC batteries. I was looking around myself since I keep my trailers at a storage facility. They haven't had any break-ins...yet. But, better safe than sorry. Interested to know more about this film as well.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:34 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwake55 View Post
Has any ever used a window security film on door glass for added security or any other windows for that matter.
It claims to hold glass together and make it very difficult to enter/ break glass and gives uv protection it is clear Not a tint..
I thought it might make it more difficult to enter thru broken door window glass
This is what listed on Amazon….About this item
Window Security Film-【PROTECT YOUR SECURITY】-It is equivalent to an invisible barrier, giving you a sense of security .Pasting this window security film can prevent the glass from bursting due to any accident, and it will be a complete piece after being broken, so as to avoid being cut by glass shards.
Window Security Film-【HD TRANSPARENT】-This window security film is high-definition and transparent, will not affect the outdoor field of vision, nor will it destroy the overall indoor collocation. It is an intangible protection.
Window Security Film-【STRONG ADHESIVES】-The back of this explosion-proof membrane comes with glue, which has strong adhesion, and is waterproof, oil-proof and moisture-proof, so
If I'm a thief and a window film sold on Amazon prevents me from breaking into an RV, I should consider another career field.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:18 AM   #4

My idea of film was added security while using the T.T.,
As it’s very easy to access TT door window break it ,especially when boondocking
Kinda like aHome invasion prevention,
But your right Amazon product will not change a thief’s proffesion
Irishwake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #5

Why crawl in a broken window when a screwdriver would pop almost all RV doors out there. Maybe motor home and very large trailers are tougher but a pry bar would do them in.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #6

For a thief, breaking into a travel trailer is usually very easy. So if it were me, I would save the money and not buy the window security film and invest that money in something a little more secure like maybe better security locks for door and windows.