Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #1

Winegard Air 360 on 212QB

The sharkfin antenna on my 2021 212qb would not pick up any tv stations where I have camping, even though we weren’t too far from civilization ( Craggy Wash outside of Lake Havasu, for instance). Even here in Houston I only get about 62 channels, of which maybe 15-20 are actually watchable due to severe pixilating. I decided on a Winegard Air 360+ over the King Jack because I didn’t have to drill a hole in ceiling and the signal booster is in the wall receptacle. Installation was straightforward except the are 2 co-ax cables going to the sharkfin. Unable to find any wiring info on the sharkfin, I just added a splitter. Hooked it up using the existing co-ax/ booster receptacle and voila! Had 102 nearly all clear channels on both TV’s. Will find out this week if it works in the field
Attached Thumbnails
79D1A785-7A21-4821-ACA9-95CC5BDD57DE.jpg  
alfavulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #2

I have very poor receiption with our shark fin antenna on our Jay Feather 25RB. I was planning last year to replace it with the Winegard Air 360 dome antenna but never got to it.

Jayco is putting the Air 360 on their 2022 Jay Feather 25RB models (and likely other 2022 models).

Let us know how well your Air 360+ works in the field.

Camp4two
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:28 AM   #3

May be a while before I use it. Was going to leave yesterday for a week at Mother Neff state park but had a death in the family early yesterday morning so family first. The Texas Shootout is Memorial Day weekend and will be boondocking there
Old 04-19-2022, 02:39 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your family. Completly understand. Any feedback after you have used it on future trips is much appreciated.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #5

Thank you! Will give a report when we use it
Old 06-05-2022, 04:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavulcan View Post
The sharkfin antenna on my 2021 212qb would not pick up any tv stations where I have camping, even though we weren’t too far from civilization ( Craggy Wash outside of Lake Havasu, for instance). Even here in Houston I only get about 62 channels, of which maybe 15-20 are actually watchable due to severe pixilating. I decided on a Winegard Air 360+ over the King Jack because I didn’t have to drill a hole in ceiling and the signal booster is in the wall receptacle. Installation was straightforward except the are 2 co-ax cables going to the sharkfin. Unable to find any wiring info on the sharkfin, I just added a splitter. Hooked it up using the existing co-ax/ booster receptacle and voila! Had 102 nearly all clear channels on both TV’s. Will find out this week if it works in the field
I also tried replacing my useless shark fin antenna with a winegard air 360+. As you stated, there are 2 cables that go into the shark fin. What I tried was plugging them into a splitter and then running a coax cable to the top of the winegard 360+. Just curious if that is what you did as well? I didn't have any luck getting any channels, just making sure I didn't miss something. I noticed a green light did come on close to where the coax cable plugged into the 360, indicating there should ahve been 12 volt power there. Thank you.
dkkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:34 PM   #7

I’ve slept since I installed mine but I just used a splitter and it worked well after connecting the power wires. Does your your trailer have 2 tv hookups? You may try connecting each direct to the 360 and then checking each outlet. I’m guessing the 2 co-ax cables are 1 for each outlet ( I may be wrong ��). Try one at a time to see if either work, possible incompatible splitter? Just purchased mine from Home Depot. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2022, 07:42 AM   #8

The shark fin fixed antennas were another "brilliant" idea to come out of Elkhart IN....just another complete RV failure
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:22 AM   #9

At least it was a little better than the old wire clotheshanger and aluminum foil trick………….I think 🤔