Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #21

Do what some others have recommended if it makes you feel more comfortable. You could do nothing and there’s a 99% chance she would be just fine.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #22

Yes, winter has even arrived here in Phoenix... sunblock has been put away and I almost needed a sweater this morning as it sunk down into the low 60's... brrr! (Smiley face)
3belkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #23

I always have a small electric heater that is thermostat controlled if you have power they work great and save a ton on propane. It will keep it from freezing up.
Kendob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #24

Open the low point drains and all the faucets inside so the low point drains will clear of water. They are very exposed, but opening them means that water won't collect in the hard plastic valves or against a cap and crack something.

Similarly, open the drain on your fresh tank. Maybe you don't use it, but leakage by the check valve might have some water in there. Once again, it's the valve dangling out in space that's vulnerable.

One presumes you've drained both the black and grey tanks, so the exposed gate valves should not have water backed up to them. A little bit won't have purchase against the sides of the pipe to cause damage, but if the dangling parts of the dump pipes are full, they are vulneerable. If they do, perhaps dump some antifreeze in each tank. Diluted RV antifreeze is not as effective as the straight stuff, but it will help in your situation.

Note that I focused on the dangly exposed bits. The furnace won't protect these, and these are the most vulnerable points during any freeze.

Maybe it won't get that cold, but you won't know until about 5:30 AM, and then it's too late.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #25

I’ve been blowing all my lines out with compressed air for four going on five winters. Granted I live in South Carolina but it can get down in the teens some nights during winter. I have a Precept 31 UL and bought a fresh water inlet adapter at camping world. Set my air compressor at 40 lbs and then open each faucet individually until all the water is blown out. Of course I’ve drained the fresh and waste tanks, and opened the rear drains (on an incline) until it looks like they’re empty. (Caution. Too much air pressure can damage the lines, but I’ve had no problems at 40.)

Just my two cents.
Southernman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:29 AM   #26

Had a conversation with our salesman yesterday about a different subject and somehow we got in the winterizing subject. BTW, he has a 43' Eagle 5th wheel and keeps in a campground year round in the VA. mountains. He mentioned that he worries more about temps going below freezing and then only rising to 34-35 next day with the pattern repeating over again for a couple more days, than temps dropping very low for a night and then rising in the 40+ range next day.