Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2022, 08:19 AM   #1

Winterization Port Back flow on City Water hookup

I have a 2021 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS I purchased back in August last year. Yesterday afternoon, after being at this full hook up RV park for a few weeks, and now yesterday suddenly have fresh water back flowing out of the Winterization/Sanitation port (I have the Green and Blue levers turned horizontal in city water hook up mode). When the green valve is turned downward to dry camp, the back flow stops but I hear 'running water movement' in the pipes that I don't know where is coming from or if will damage pipes or flood something. I now have to keep my water tank full and use the water pump so pressure is very bad. Can't use the shower. I saw a youtube post about cycling a few times with water pump and then turn back to city water but it has not resolved anything. I am 3 hrs from home and our dealer service center. Any suggestions or fixes appreciated!

This Jayco has the Nautilus P2.5 Uni-Dock Utility Center
Ginger Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:54 PM   #2

Hi! Did you ever figure out a resolution? I have a 2022 With the same unidock and am having the same problem!
Blessyourheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:20 PM   #3

Hello, BlessYourHeart

Yes, we finally got a resolution! We initially took it to the nearest Jayco dealer repair (a very large dealership outfit) and they said they 'fixed it'... however, months later when we took the RV back out it immediately returned to its overflow backflow status lol. Not fixed. We found a local mobile RV tech who was FABULOUS and he took care of it right away. First thing was to order this RV Water Pump from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

He then took the Nautilus connection port face off and replaced the water pump! We could not believe it. The factory installed water pump was faulty causing the check valve to stick and could not be unstuck. There is no other option but this. Replace that pump! This one on Amazon is what he said to order and he installed it. No more city water backflow! Hope this helps! You can try to deal with Jayco for warranty but good luck with that. The Jayco cert techs at the large dealership service dept didn't even catch this issue and was certain the water pump was fine. Well it was not fine. And because we went through the warranty to begin with it hosed us later ( no pun intended) because they were not willing to say their warranty work was faulty. Long story but thats the gist.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:57 PM   #4

Thank you! I had a repair guy tell me today that I needed to replace the whole Nautilus piece. But the pump makes more sense.
Blessyourheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessyourheart View Post
Thank you! I had a repair guy tell me today that I needed to replace the whole Nautilus piece. But the pump makes more sense.
We thought it was the hook up panel also and bought a new one to try it out and see if it was the issue. The check valve is the issue and it is inside the water pump. The plastic panel does not cause the back flow and has no valves in it. This is why the RV dealer didn't truly fix it because they didn't want to pull the pump open and replace the valves. Very time consuming! New pump is the only answer and is not that expensive if you buy it yourself on Amazon. It would cost 3-4x that if you buy one at an RV shop.

Tags
city water connection, leak, winterization port