Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
Wsw

Winterizing 334rlok

We just bought the 2021 334rlok and was going through it for winterizing. The residential fridge is in the slide out.

Looking it over, the cold pex line travels about 6 feet through part of underbelly which is not heated. Goes outside one of the ibeams and is attached to a t then onto a flexible white water line the rest of way to edge of slide, then up into trailer and transitions to the small ice maker line.

This is all going to freeze so bad. If I am camped somewhere cold and freezing, which we do on occasion. All the outside water line is going to freeze solid. Along with the pex outside the heated underbelly.

What do you do to keep the fridge supply line from freezing. I thought about just cutting into heated part of underbelly and putting a shut off valve there and drain after the valve. But getting to it would be a pain to shut off and drain just when cold camping.

You can't just winterize that part of line from non heat part to ice maker. I can take water line off at back of fridge and drain that, but no shut off valve

So it all goes back together and water is still in the 24 inch white water line going from ibeam to outside edge of slide. A really bad design.

Love the fridge though. Hate the water part. I would trade it for an old style residential double door no water anywhere type.

Ideas.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote