Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #1

Winterizing Eagle

I have a 2013 Eagle 314 bds . There are two drains you can open from the outside on door side. Think one drains the holding tank and one drains the water lines. I opened them and water drained until they both stopped
These open from outside, now there is another set of drains on the same side and open from inside the camper under the refridge cabinet. What are they for. Next I look under and see two lines hanging down under the camper from like where the couch is. What are those. Now I drained and bypassed my hot water heater. Next I pumped three gallons of RV anti freeze thru the camper until a dark pink came out every faucet. Then I went and opened those two out side drains again. I expected nothing out of the one and pink to come out the other. But I had clear water pour out of both. Are those the main drain lines. How do you winterize yours. Are there drains I am missing. This camper is so different then my old one.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

Winterizing Eagle

Walk around the camper. You will have some obvious drains for the tank. Look for any stickers that say low point drains. Usually there are valves inside opposite of the sticker. Open those. The inside ones are for the lines.

Let all drain. Opening some faucets inside will help
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #3

Winterizing Eagle

Walk around the camper. You will have some obvious drains for the tank. Look for any stickers that say low point drains. Usually there are valves inside opposite of the sticker. Open those. The inside ones are for the lines.

Let all drain. Opening some faucets inside will help
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #4

Don't forget your outside shower if you have one. If your water tank is empty and you get pink from every faucet on both hot and cold and the toilet is pink then you should be good. If you have a washer prep then also look for pink there. I would think that three gallons would be more than enough antifreeze. I always start with the faucets closest to the pump and then move outward doing the one farthest away last.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #5

Thanks appreciate the advice

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #6

So I used a funnel and poured some RV freeze in the tank flush. Not sure how much went in. After that I blew air down the hose with a small portable air pump. Do you think that is enough. Now wouldn't I see pink stuff come out one of those drains if I loaded it with three gallons . I know some went into the holding tank but clear water came out the drain line did I add enough.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #7

I am also trying to winterize a eagle 314, so this thread is right on time. I opened my outside drains and got nothing. Went in and opened faucets and got a little out of each but still nothing outside. Never used holding tank so I understand that one. Could it be a bad valve?
Merrellroofing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
So I used a funnel and poured some RV freeze in the tank flush. Not sure how much went in. After that I blew air down the hose with a small portable air pump. Do you think that is enough. Now wouldn't I see pink stuff come out one of those drains if I loaded it with three gallons . I know some went into the holding tank but clear water came out the drain line did I add enough.
I'm no expert on this winterizing procedure.....but no way do you need 3 gallons of antifreeze in your black holding tank. Half a gallon would probably be too much. The antifreeze will just mix with any water left in the tank and become slush. Water freezing in the tanks shouldn't hurt anything as it can expand and not rupture anything. So a bit of antifreeze at the outlet valve should be all you need. Pink stuff should come out the waste valve when you pull it open.. It won't drain from the black water tank through a low point drain. I did't do anything to my tank flush last year and my dealer assured me that all would be well in the spring. It was. This year I used compressed air to blow out the line. No antifreeze.

My response is to your post above.....re reading your 1st post, I see you used 3 gallons of antifreeze to winterize your trailer....so I was a bit confused.

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrellroofing View Post
I am also trying to winterize a eagle 314, so this thread is right on time. I opened my outside drains and got nothing. Went in and opened faucets and got a little out of each but still nothing outside. Never used holding tank so I understand that one. Could it be a bad valve?
Look in the area where your bypass valves are. Should be 2 small T shaped handles/valves that you pull straight up....open the low point drains and H2O should come out. My low point drains simply turn from left to right to open. Others seem to have a tap you turn and pull up.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #10

For all you 314 bds owners. 2012 eagle was right. Under the cabinet where the refrigerator is. There are two valves with metal clips, pull the clips out then pull up on the valves the pull out. That is how the fresh water system drains for the sinks.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
For all you 314 bds owners. 2012 eagle was right. Under the cabinet where the refrigerator is. There are two valves with metal clips, pull the clips out then pull up on the valves the pull out. That is how the fresh water system drains for the sinks.
Could be wrong....but not sure you need to pull the clips off.....just pull straight up on the small T shaped handle....maybe 1/2" inch or so. Thats how mine work.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #12

If you pull the clips, the entire valve will come out of the holder when you pull up. Just give it a little turn while you pull up and it will pop easily. Leave the clips on unless you plan on lubricating the valves as I did. Made it much easier to pull them up.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #13

Mine under the fridge pulled right up and I got water outside but still nothing from the outside low point drains. Do they pull up as well?
Merrellroofing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #14

Did not try to leave clips but does make sense now, will lube and return. My outside drains opened by turning them parallel with the trailer. Did not have to pull those. Does anyone know what the tubes or drains are sticking out from bottom of trailer below the couch on the 314 are.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #15

To everyone on this post, you will see 2, maybe 3 "low point drain" stickers on your trailers. The ones that you turn "parallel" to your trailer frame drain the fresh water tank. These are frequently labeled as low point drains. Most "T" type drains that you have to "pull up" drain your plumbing lines of water. Open all faucets, including outside shower, before you pull up on the T type drains and it will drain more efficiently. Donedroolin, I believe the tubes you are referring coming out from the bottom of the trailer below the couch are the fresh tank overflow tubes. Hope this helps, Terry
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #16

Thank you T Nashville that does help allot

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 01-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #17
Lost in the Woods

I use the compressed air method to winterize. Way easier, faster and cheaper to!
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #18

2015 Eagle Premier 331RKTS

This is my first winterize job and am a little confused on the 3 valve 1-6 control station. Any easy tips or videos from my fellow Jayconians ?
Imduroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #19

My (2015) 314 eagle has all listed low points. The 2 valves outside are for the tank. The 2 valves under fridge are for water lines. The 2 lines outside under the couch area are jus air vents for filling the fresh water.

TV- 2015 CHEVY 2500 DURAMAX
TT- 2015 JAYCO EAGLE 314BHDS
bigmeaux12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #20

Beware of the over flow vent tubes! They will ceifer the tank while traveling. I installed a valve on each tube that I close after filling. Mine literally will empty my tank.

TV- 2015 CHEVY 2500 DURAMAX
TT- 2015 JAYCO EAGLE 314BHDS
bigmeaux12 is offline   Reply With Quote