Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #1

Winterizing Question

I know its a little late to to talk winterizing, but... I'm wondering what to expect when i go pick up my trailer in the spring. I did all my winterizing before i took my trailer in for warranty work at the end of the season. I blew out all the water lines with air and drained the water tanks and pump and all that stuff. But in my hurry to get the trailer to storage during our first snow fall of the year (in October) i didn't take the time to level the trailer and open the slide, which i need to do to get in the bathroom. So because i couldn't get into the bathroom, i wasn't able to put plumbing antifreeze down the p-trap. I got it down the sink drain though. I remember thinking at the time at least if something happens, i can just fix the p-trap. But maybe there will be enough room for ice to expand in the trap. Any thoughts? What about the grey tank, there would have been some water that was drained after blowing the lines.

2013 Jayflight 25BHS Elite
TV: 2002 Chevrolet 1500HD Crew Cab 3.73 Gears
:Canada:
Elecchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #2

You might have a problem with the water line at the toilet unless you gave it a flush with anti freeze.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
You might have a problem with the water line at the toilet unless you gave it a flush with anti freeze.
I was able to flush the toilet by blowing the lines out with compressed air before dropping it off. Mainly just worried about the drains as i wasn't able to pour the anifreeze down the drains in the bathroom.

2013 Jayflight 25BHS Elite
TV: 2002 Chevrolet 1500HD Crew Cab 3.73 Gears
:Canada:
Elecchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #4

I'd be thinking that if you didn't open the flush valve as you were blowing air through the system you wouldn't have removed the water from the line at the toilet. Hopefully any water reversed in the line when drained and doesn't present a problem. The drains should have lots of room for ice expansion, check joints or couplings before use.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecchicken View Post
I was able to flush the toilet by blowing the lines out with compressed air before dropping it off. Mainly just worried about the drains as i wasn't able to pour the anifreeze down the drains in the bathroom.

you should be fine, I would only worry about if you left no liquid in the actual toilet that the seals may dry out.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote