Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #1

Winterizing Questions 2017 29RKS

First time winterizing this unit and the owners manual's description of the number of valves on the water heater doesn't seem to match what is in the trailer. The manual discusses and diagrams up to 5 valves but I only see three on my heater; an inlet valve, an outlet valve and the valve on the water pump where the clear hose is attached in close proximity. So my assumption is all I need to do is turn off all three valves and stick the hose in the jug of antifreeze and proceed. Is that correct?

Also, I have opened the low point valves on the outside of the trailer and dont see any more. Can I assume one of those valves also drains the fresh water tank? The gauge seems to indicate so.
CUthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team

There have been posts concerning a new system with less valves, the manual may not have caught up with progress lol. Here is a recent post on the matter.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ime-40211.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #3

Thanks, wasn't able to find the post on a search. The trailer is all winterized
CUthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #4

I was ready for a single valve for the bypass but my Nov 16 build is just as you describe .

I have yet to be sure the outside shower wasn't tested, will flow a little through that soon as for casts are alarming this early.

I also haven't used Sanicom yet so will dump a partial gallon down a sink drain and cycle that through the pump as well.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

29 rks

I had almost the same problem. I have only valve on the water heater tank. And only one valve on the water pump.

I called Jayco, and they told me they don't have any specs on this new system and really didn't know what to tell me.

I winterized my camper today. But strangest thing is that when I open the hotwater faucet on the kitchen and bathroom sink, nothing comes out. I get a nice pink color antifreeze from the cold side faucet but nothing on h/w side.

I have tried everything. I emptied two gallons of antifreeze into the systems.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am wide open. Maybe this is the way it is suppose to operate, not sure.

Thanks
Tom and Kathy
North Ga.
Slow and Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow and Steady View Post
I had almost the same problem. I have only valve on the water heater tank. And only one valve on the water pump.

I called Jayco, and they told me they don't have any specs on this new system and really didn't know what to tell me.

I winterized my camper today. But strangest thing is that when I open the hotwater faucet on the kitchen and bathroom sink, nothing comes out. I get a nice pink color antifreeze from the cold side faucet but nothing on h/w side.

I have tried everything. I emptied two gallons of antifreeze into the systems.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am wide open. Maybe this is the way it is suppose to operate, not sure.

Thanks
Tom and Kathy
North Ga.
Open the hot water heater drain valve and see if the 2 gallons of pink stuff come out of there. It would tale 6 gallons to fill it if not bypassed before you'd see the pink stuff from a hot water faucet. I don't think it is bypassed.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote