Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #1

Wiring

I recently had my rear trailer axle beam replaced I keep getting a wire warning on my brake controller now can someone tell me if these two wires should be connected to something this is on the back driver side brake the red and white wire are not connected to anything
Attached Thumbnails
0415211435.jpg  
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team

The brake wiring on ours is blue, and runs down one side of the frame, with the crossover wire travelling through the axle tube to the opposite side brake. There are 2 wires on each magnet, and one is power, the other goes to ground. It doesn't matter which wire gets grounded or hooked to power. The magnet doesn't care. Are all the wires connected on all 4 wheels?

One easy way to tell if they're all working, is to park on gravel, pull the breakaway pin out, and have a second person pull it forward two or three feet. They all should skid as the magnets are getting full voltage. (we have to do this every year for our state inspection. If any are still rolling, the brakes aren't getting current.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:30 PM   #3

Thanks,,it was a broken wire on front axle ,,dont know why but they break frequently
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote