Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #1

Wiring Diagram-- Model 240SL 1995

Hi everyone, I have owned this 1995 240SL for a year now and haven't used it yet. It had water damage, so I tore it apart and fixed the damage.
I took all the wires off of the terminal board in the front storage area. I did draw a diagram of all the wires. Well I finally got new tail lights installed and hooked up the plug to the truck to check all the lights. Here is what I found.
1. Red wire= L blinker
2. Brown wire= R blinker
3. Green wire= Tail lights But I have some problems. With the truck light switch on, the tail lights are on, but will not blink, either L or R. If I turn the lights off, the L and R blinkers work.
When I depress the brake pedal, I get a humming noise. I haven't tracked the location of the noise yet. I suspect it is in the inverter. I did not have a battery installed on the trailer, just the 110 plugged in.
Any ideas where I might have screwed up? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this trailer? Would a dealer have a wiring diagram?
Am I in the right area, Travel trailer, or is this considered a "Lite" trailer?
Thanks Campertom
campertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #2

Hey Tom! Couple of things --

- your exterior trailer lighting should be completely independent of your RV systems so even with no inverter or battery it should not make a difference
- Jayco can usually provide diagrams for just about anything they ever made. If you go to their web site, there is a phone number or a web page contact area. You will need the VIN.
- Is the hum coming from the brakes? Is it possible you have the electric brake wired up somewhere and that hum is the magnets?

Here is one "standard" color code, but not sure if Jayco follows it:

Right Turn Green
Left Turn Yellow
Ground White
Tail / Marker Brown
Brake Blue
Battery Red (or Black)
Back Up Purple

Hope that helps!

I believe the standard color code

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here