Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #1

X213 - Best Fitting Cover?

First time TT owner here and will be picking up our x213 here in the next few weeks. We will be storing it outside of our garage this winter and have mixed feelings on covering it or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If to cover, what has worked best for others? There are a lot of mixed reviews online and its rounded front leads me to believe it will be harder to find a proper cover. Thanks!
PackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #2

I've been patiently waiting for someone to reply to this post for two months now

Can someone with some experience pleeease give us some input? I just winterized my X213 and I'd like to get it covered soon if possible. The cheap factory silicone is already peeling off after less than a year...
Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #3

I use the adco designer series. It fits like a glove and easy to put on. The sides unzip so you can get into the unit with ease with the cover on. I take my cover off and on a few time a year and have never torn or damaged it. Just a great product
23mbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #4

We have the Adco Designer on our 213 as well. First year covering it so can't tell you how it will be. Using the 20'-22' which isn't perfect but being adjustable it seems to fit fine.
Sheepdog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #5

I do not remember the thread, yet this subject has come up before. Anyway, for what it's worth, here's my 2 cents.

I live in Alaska; winters can be harsh and there are a lot of RV owners here. To give you a mental picture so that you may draw your own conclusions. This is what I have close to me. My house is on a large corner lot, the house behind and across the street has a large TT, two houses behind mine up the street has a cabover camper, then there is my TT, my neighbor to my left has a TT, the house directly across the street from mine has a TT as do the houses on each side of them. There are lots more within my neighborhood.
With that said, you will not find a TT, cabover camper, 5er, or MH not covered here during the winter unless it is in use. Of all the RV units within a few houses of mine, there is only one which has an actual pre-made cover (like the adco's). That is the neighbor to my left. Otherwise, the most common cover you will see throughout RV lots and neighborhoods here are the cheap blue (or silver) tarps you can purchase at Wal Mart or any hardware store. They may not be pretty, or have that custom look to them but they work (that IMHO is the most important aspect), and nobody cares what they look like when the snow flies and they are covered in whore frost and snow. Coincidentally, the neighbor next door already has a hole in his adco cover (only his second season of use). I do not say this to insinuate they are bad covers or cheap or anything. Which they are not, they work very well. Just an unfortunate turn of events.
Now, with all the cheap tarps in use out there, and the harshness of freezing (often below zero for long periods at a time) and most importantly, the occasional high winds we get (seriously, they don't hit national news much but we get a lot of wind storms with gusts in the 100 to 120 plus range). The key to being able to utilize the cheaper tarps and not have damage to your RV is to get them tied down REALLY good so they don't whip against the top and sides of your rig.
The advantage of the cheaper tarps; if you do get damage to one (a hole or rip) its easy and cheap to replace). Whereas the pre-made covers require either a really good repair job, or an expensive replacement. (example, the cheapest pre-made cover to fit my TT runs in the neighborhood of $400 and up for an all season, not including shipping. The appropriate size double lined silver tarp with reinforced grommets costs me $50 at the local SBS hardware store without shipping and is less than 5 minutes away).

Apologies for rambling, but hopefully you can get enough information out of what I am saying to feel comfortable about your decision.

Bottom line: should you cover your RV to protect it from the elements during the off season? YES!
What should you use? Whatever works best for you for your area and fits your budget.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #6

We own a 2010 213 now going through its sixth winter stored in our driveway without a cover. I do have an AC cover to keep snow out of the AC. We live in an area prone to heavy snowfall and frequent chinooks (high winds and freezing thawing cycles). Every spring I crawl on the roof and check all the caulking and fill any holes or cracks I find. I also go over all the seams that have silicone seams and fill any cracks with rv silicone. We have never had a leak (knock on wood) and I would characterize the repairs I have made as routine maintenance. In my opinion the trailer has stood up to the winter elements here far better than I expected.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
JRD

I use the Classic Accessories PolyPro 3 cover from Walmart, reasonably priced around $200 depending on size. Used four Ohio winters with a 22' TT, now on my second (longer) one with a Whitehawk 24RKS. Breathable and wears well if you pad the sharp edges. Material is similar to a Frogg Togg rainsuit but heavier and double layered on top.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote