Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 11:37 AM   #1

Unhappy X213 slide out stop extending

Jayco X213 slide movement. I Have found a limit switch mounted on a plywood L shape in middle of compartment. It stops the movement of the rear slide out by 2-3 inches. Once the sensors touch it stops the outward movement and the lights go out in the trailer. (Don’t know if the lights turning off let the operator know that the slide out and is at its maximum Extention.) When we first moved the slide out it made a thump, thump, noise and the dealer told us that’s when we stop extending. I don’t know what has changed but how does everyone know their slide out is fully extended. By noise, thump, thump, or the lights turning off. Please also let me know if your wood moulding around the entrance into the love nest is touching the inner wall of the trailer.
Imagequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #2

When I hear the ratcheting noise I let off the switch.the lights stay on.

Could be a short in the wiring?
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #3

Length of ownership

How long have you owned your trailer?
Imagequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #4

Bought it new in 2019.It is a 248RSBW.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:20 PM   #5

I usually wait for the clicking and then you know it’s out far enough. I can also tell by the interior trim and gasket are against the back wall
pbois34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:29 AM   #6

We got our x213 in April 2019. When fully extended, the slideout makes a ratcheting sound (clutch kicks in). At this point, the moulding DOES NOT sit flush with the wall, i.e. you can stick a ginger between the moulding and the wall. Our dealer said this is normal.

Second, throughout the last season, the slide seemed to continue to extend with less authority. Sometimes, when only on battery, it didn't extend fully, and the lights went out, indicating to me that there was a large voltage drop in the battery. I think our group 24 battery is getting bad, although it shouldn't after only one season.

When we had it winterized in November, the dealer looked at the slide and probably lubricated it, now it extends with the same force and ratcheting sound as it did at the start of last year. I'll probably upgrade to two GC6 6 Volt batteries in the spring. I think the group 24 is marginal for operating this large slide when not on hookups.
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #7

I found that if I left the trailer wire attached to the truck the slide would open w no problems. Even w two batteries it opened slow unless it was attached to the truck. I also found if I lightly lifted the bunk while my wife operated the switch then it would open better on batteries
pbois34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbois34 View Post
I found that if I left the trailer wire attached to the truck the slide would open w no problems. Even w two batteries it opened slow unless it was attached to the truck. I also found if I lightly lifted the bunk while my wife operated the switch then it would open better on batteries
I always keep it connected to the running truck when setting up (i.e. extending the slide and using the electric tongue jack). However, my feeling is that the wiring from the truck battery to the camper is too thin to allow for substantial amps to pass, so this may be more psychological than anything else.
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #9

Replacement parts for the slide out actuator anyone?

Our slide out stopped working a few weeks ago in the retracted position. The motor works fine and the gear box engages fine, but the bearing on the end of the actuator shaft wore out. This allows the actuator shaft to disengage with the actuator rods going to each of the side rails, resulting in no movement. Has anyone had to replace their actuator assembly, and if so, where did you find parts? I've left messages with Jayco, with no reply and I've contacted Lippert as a possible supplier, but no reply yet. Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
CampRCruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sensor or noise., slide out, stop movement, x213