Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

Xantrex Inverter for fridge

We purchased a new 2021 North Point 310 and love it. I’m beginning to think the Xantrex invert system isn’t working though. The first night we stayed in the trailer, the remote display kept flashing on and off every 15 to 30 seconds. I couldn’t get it to do anything. This last weekend it wouldn’t light up or anything. If looked at the main unit in the pass through and it doesn’t power up either. Looked for a rest or flipped breaker, checked the rest buttons on the batteries up front. I’m I missing something, or do we have a bad unit from the start?
Rambling Drabek’s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:16 PM   #2

Check to be sure the remote "plug" is in tight. Unless they've changed it looks like a phone cord and may have come loose. Check at the INVERTER and behind the panel. Is the fridge working?
Old 09-22-2020, 04:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Check to be sure the remote "plug" is in tight. Unless they've changed it looks like a phone cord and may have come loose. Check at the INVERTER and behind the panel. Is the fridge working?
I took the remote panel off and you’re right, it’s a phone cord type cable. It didn’t seem loose. The fridge is working, but it’s hooked to shore power. I’ll unhook the power and see if the unit comes on. So far there aren’t many things wrong. Truthfully I’m very impressed with the fit and finish of our unit. If this inverter is one of the few things I have to take it back for, I’m doing good!
Rambling Drabek’s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambling Drabek’s View Post
We purchased a new 2021 North Point 310 and love it. I’m beginning to think the Xantrex invert system isn’t working though. The first night we stayed in the trailer, the remote display kept flashing on and off every 15 to 30 seconds. I couldn’t get it to do anything. This last weekend it wouldn’t light up or anything. If looked at the main unit in the pass through and it doesn’t power up either. Looked for a rest or flipped breaker, checked the rest buttons on the batteries up front. I’m I missing something, or do we have a bad unit from the start?
Make sure the power switch on the Inverter itself is turned off, yes off. The remote will not do anything if the inverter's power switch is on. With the Inverter's switch off you can then control the inverter from the remote's power switch.

I'm now on my second rig with a Xantrex and they. both worked the same.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote