Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutr2 View Post
"Wildlife Blockades" are a normal part of daily travel around Yellowstone.
Some pics on my motorcycle trip in '07. After about 20 minutes of sitting there I rode around everyone and started blowing the horn to get them moving. It worked, but I thought later that there may have been an ornery bull that took it badly. I dont think me and my bike would have held up well.
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #22

Something else to consider, as amazing as most of the stuff near parking lots and roadside turnouts are, most of the best of Yellowstone is only accessible by day hike on back country trails.

I strongly recommend buying a couple of trail guides and a good pair of hiking shoes. Real hikers, not the cheap ones that Wal-mart sells. There's a reason decent hikers start around $100 bucks a pair. Your feet will thank you for it.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #23

DocBrown, if there was a "like" button I would hit it. That is exactly my philosophy. I try to plan well without being crazy about it and then just flow with what happens as I go......sometimes the unexpected is part of the fun. Plus sometimes I enjoy gathering and contemplating information in planning the trip. The anticipation is fun.
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #24

We stayed at Fishing Bridge 4 nights last July. It is a good place to park your camper and see the park. It is a little tight and can be very crowded.
From there you can divide the park up and see most everything.
After leaving there we spent 2 night at Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons. This park is also very beautiful.

Plan your activities prior to arriving and make reservations for things that you can. The park can be quite busy in summer.

2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
lhpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #25

I have a 2004 29FBS, this was my spot when I got to fishing bridge. The motor home behind me left the next day and I had some breathing room.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140814_024137745_iOS.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	17277

I stayed at Henry's Lake State Park on a previous trip, but had to deal with crowded gates getting into the park in the morning.
big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote