Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #1

'08 1007 PuP-lift cable behind sink

Hello all

Newbie here with a lift cable replacement question. I just bought this unit with a broken lift cable. Problem is the way the cable broke. Or prior owner not knowing any better and pulling it back.

The situation is that the broken cable is curled up in the cabinet before the sink and heater cabinet. I can't use the old cable to pull the new one through to the other side of sink cabinet.

The remaining good cable appears to be on a roller before entering sink cabinet. It exits the sink cabinet it what looks like a conduit pipe or something.

Can I run a fish wire through to pull replacement cable with? Or are there rollers and tubing behind the sink that I will have to make sure to route through?

Am I gunna hafta pull this sink and fridge/furnace cabinet out to do this job??? Please tell me no, and the top secret super slick way to replace this cable. Thanks in advance!!!
VanVeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #2

May not be as difficult to access as you think. The cable actually runs just inside the fridge access door on the outside. you really have easy access to most of it except for the short stretch (maybe 12-18"?) behind the furnace. I always had a harder time with access behind the end walls. Our conduit pipe was clear PEX tubing, so it was easy to see the cables through.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

I did have a second look at it after I first posted and figured it out.
So all is well. New cable is in place.
VanVeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote