Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #1

10 SD optional stereo

Hi everyone! First post here, and of course it's a question! We just picked up our 2017 10SD popup Firday. I was looking around, and looking for a location to install a stereo head unit. I did some searching, and discovered that all the standard wiring includes stereo wiring, and I also found a location to put the stereo (In the cabinet between the queen bed and the door). There was a cover over a hole there that looked just right, and after some investigation, I found 12V, Common, and what looks like 4 speaker wires!

For the life of me, I can't figure out where the other end of those wires go to!

Does anybody have the optional radio and can help with expected speaker locations?

Thanks in advance!
shelbydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
Hi everyone! First post here, and of course it's a question! We just picked up our 2017 10SD popup Firday. I was looking around, and looking for a location to install a stereo head unit. I did some searching, and discovered that all the standard wiring includes stereo wiring, and I also found a location to put the stereo (In the cabinet between the queen bed and the door). There was a cover over a hole there that looked just right, and after some investigation, I found 12V, Common, and what looks like 4 speaker wires!

For the life of me, I can't figure out where the other end of those wires go to!

Does anybody have the optional radio and can help with expected speaker locations?

Thanks in advance!
We just bought a 2019 12ud and it has 2 speakers outside. We pick it up in 2 weeks, so i haven't actually looked for inside speakers, so not exactly sure where those are... however i have attached a picture of the outside for reference.

Edit: not sure why the picture came in sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
20190226_145115.jpg  
erich82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

10sd radio

I have a 2017 10sd. Two speakers go to the outside front. mine were under the jacknife sofa. The interior two go to the ceiling by both lights. I installed a radio but had to order two pastic speaker cases from the dealership for the ceiling speakers.

Good luck.
Gregger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregger96 View Post
I have a 2017 10sd. Two speakers go to the outside front. mine were under the jacknife sofa. The interior two go to the ceiling by both lights. I installed a radio but had to order two pastic speaker cases from the dealership for the ceiling speakers.

Good luck.
Just went out and popped open the wire channel cover. Speaker wires!!!

Many Thanks!!!!
Old 04-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich82 View Post
We just bought a 2019 12ud and it has 2 speakers outside. We pick it up in 2 weeks, so i haven't actually looked for inside speakers, so not exactly sure where those are... however i have attached a picture of the outside for reference.

Edit: not sure why the picture came in sideways.
I also found the other wires inside the cabinet on that side of the camper.

Time to order some stuff!!
Old 04-01-2019, 06:25 PM   #6

Just a thought I had. I believe the popup decks have an a/b speaker selector for inside/outside speakers. Many store bought automobile decks probably won't, however you could probably achieve the same result by wiring the outside to rear speakers and inside to front, then just use the fade to toggle them on and off.

Might have more options looking for automobile decks than an RV specific one, which are known to over inflate prices.
erich82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich82 View Post
Just a thought I had. I believe the popup decks have an a/b speaker selector for inside/outside speakers. Many store bought automobile decks probably won't, however you could probably achieve the same result by wiring the outside to rear speakers and inside to front, then just use the fade to toggle them on and off.

Might have more options looking for automobile decks than an RV specific one, which are known to over inflate prices.
I just bought a new 12sc and the stereo uses a fader. All the ones we looked at were the same. It also isn't bluetooth. I dont know if the stereo is a factory install or a dealer add, but why not take the opportunity to install the entertainment system YOU want.
Mnielsenkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #8

This is what I ended up with... I printed the enclosure, and found some thin Rockville marine speakers for the inside. The outside are Pyle marine speakers.
For the stereo, I'm using a Jensen JWM60A for the stereo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_091443.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	49475

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_091633.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	49476