Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #1

1206 inside shower...

We bought our 1206 Pup in August of 2014 and while the primary reason was for camping, our first use was living in it while we renovated our house (complete gut job) throughout. We had already demo'd all the sheet rock, kitchen and old wood floors and replaced two load bearing walls with beams to open the whole end of the house up into one large open floor plan. (kitchen, dining and living area). The only room we didn't update was the bathroom (typical 50's bathroom) baby blue tile and all.......the plan was to stay in the Pup while the electricians, plumbers, hvac techs and dry-wallers did their thing. Custom cabinets were ordered and the whole thing scheduled out for 6 week construction schedule. Now you see the reasoning behind not taking the bathroom out of service is that my wife is a lawyer and in court everyday and the mere thought of living in the Pup AND using the shower/toilet inside the Pup may have pushed her over the limit if you know what I mean....and it turns out my prudent planning was good foresight. The 6 weeks turned into 4.5 months....thanks to the 2 dry-wall crews that showed up stumbling drunk and the cabinet maker who misplaced the order....???? WTH? Long story....don't ask.

Fast forward 3 years......now we're tackling the bathroom finally...at the gentle prodding of a tub/shower valve that died.....funny thing, they don't make those 70 year old valve cartridges anymore with the extra long stems that extend through the 2.5 tile mortar bed on lath walls ....go figure. So now we're using the shower/toilet facilities of the Pup.

And, today I took my first shower inside the Pup.....now we've made more than a few trips with the Pup camping since the 4.5 month adventure that wore off in a couple of weeks... and I've made a dozen or so trips fly fishing on my own since then.....but have never used the inside facilities. Our camping has mostly been at full service parks where we made use of the showers and bathroom facilities and when I'm camping by myself, I have an outside shower tent stall w/ solar hot water bag that does just fine as most of my sites where I fished aren't all that developed (boon docking). So this is really the first experience with the inside shower......damn that water gets hot. Worked just fine other than feeling like I was bathing in a beige cocoon....my outdoor shower tent has way more room (shower side with dressing side), but I'm a little worried that the two young (college age young) girls living next door with the raised party deck might not appreciate the view......I don't think old white guys with farmer's tan and pooch belly just aren't on their bucket list............I can work with the beige cocoon experience for a week to save our neighborhood from embarrassment.

I was mildly surprised with the experience........worked out quite well.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote