Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #1

1994 Jayco J-1006

We purchased a 94 Jayco 1006 and the canvas has torn away from the "frame" at the bottom right by the door. Anyway to effectively repair that piece? The "bungee" that is strung through the canvas to pull down under the bunks is worn out what would be the best replacement for that? Does anyone know if it's easy or even possible to remove the curtain tracks on the ceiling to replace them with something easier when I replace the curtains?
Wifenmomma88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #2

Congrats on ur new camper. I've got a 92 1006 and love it. I can't help you with the torn canvas. Seems like an unusual place to tear but accidents happen. The bungee cords can be replaced with new bungee cord. Shouldn't be hard to find. You might need to buy a grommet repair kit though if the holes are loose or worn out. Repair kits are easy to find too. Try walmart camping section or ebay. As for the curtains, I suppose anything is possible. I'm sure they come off or perhaps you have to cut them off. Not sure. Mine don't bother me at all. Are you wanting to replace all the curtains with something more modern looking or just something that's easier to open and close? I would just take a close look at the plastic track the curtains slide on and see where they end. Maybe you'll see if they can come off where they end. Good luck. Hope you enjoy your new 1006.
adwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bungee, canvas, curtain track, curtains