Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2022, 09:06 AM   #1

Question 1998 Jayco Eagle 10UD

Not sure where to begin with this one, we purchased a new to us 1998 Eagle. While sound enough to use this year, I will be taking the time to redo this to a much more usable long term item. I have ordered my canvas, it wont be here until November so this is okay to time frame. I got the original manuals and alot of stuff to start working on this. It has come to my attention I do need a parts list, as sometimes well descriptions are somewhat lacking in the manual, which means there is absolutely no list.

I am curious if anyone has a parts list for this model, as I have been unable to find it with months of scouring the internet.

Thank you for your help, please have a safe and blessed day.
chad.l.shipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #2

fingers crossed

Im crossing my fingers for you (and me). I just purchased a '99 10UD and its needs quite a bit of TLC. I am going to try to scrub down my canvas and see how that works. Where did you get your canvas from?
GottMituns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:26 AM   #3

Post Bear Creek Canvas

I looked at three sites, the best that actually gave me a veteras discount was bear creek, so my order was through them. I looked at the other two canvas replacments, and canvas specialty. They all charge about the same, with same requirements the cost is anywhere from $975.00 - $1,100. They all have a significant lead time to order. Its easier for them if you have the basic information, model, make, VIN ect. If not you can take the existing canvas off and mail that to them, they can utilize that as a template to make a replacment for you. Dependent upon your physical cababilities, you will need to find someone to put it on for you or doit yourself, I had a couple neck surgeries fom an injury in Afghanistan, so cannot do it myself. We had to ask around as a lot of RV shops just wont work on the period, but did find a local shop that will. I have not been this excited for quite some time as this takes me back to being a kid with the smell of canvas in the rain, quite nastalgic to me. I hope this assists you and please have a blessed safe day.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

Welcome Aboard!

The manuals are fairly generic for all campers. Jayco probably used the same manual for all PUs that year.

You will probably be best off looking at the individual item for a part number than reference google for replacements.

Cunninghamcampers.com has a pretty good list of documents. But again it is probably generic.

https://www.cunninghamcampers.com/fc...TowCTEagle.pdf

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:08 AM   #5

1998 Jayco Eagle 10UD Manual and Parts list

Thank you, the basic manual is not really tough to locate, the item I am looking for is the front box join seams, I can not even figure out the name for them, as they are old, I am looking at replacing those as they have detached somewhat and I am looking to replace and reseal them, but can't even figure out the dang name for those things. I have the parts list for the cable and lift system, but anything else, my gosh its just horrible to try to figure that out.

Thank you again.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #6

I have to replace the bunk ends on mine as well (the canvas) Bear Creek is asking if the bunk ends come off separately or if I have to take off the entire thing (roadsides as well as bunk ends) do you know if our model it’s possible to just take off the canvas bunk ends ? I’m kind of new to this only owned ours for a year. ! Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.l.shipley View Post
Not sure where to begin with this one, we purchased a new to us 1998 Eagle. While sound enough to use this year, I will be taking the time to redo this to a much more usable long term item. I have ordered my canvas, it wont be here until November so this is okay to time frame. I got the original manuals and alot of stuff to start working on this. It has come to my attention I do need a parts list, as sometimes well descriptions are somewhat lacking in the manual, which means there is absolutely no list.

I am curious if anyone has a parts list for this model, as I have been unable to find it with months of scouring the internet.

Thank you for your help, please have a safe and blessed day.
salexislikewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:30 AM   #7

Do you know if only the bunk end canvas can come off or does the entire road side plus bunk ends come off together ? Bear creek is asking me and are speculating they cannot only do the bunk ends the entire thing would hav Erik be replaced for canvassing ? I have no clue!
salexislikewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:40 AM   #8

Good Morning

Let me see, I think this is specific to the model we have, it is a 1998 Jayco 10UD. We ordered the Canvas back in March, my understanding the wait list is now over a year, but we were able to get ours a spot early in late September. We had a local fellow do the installation, which was great as he came to us instead of us to him. During the installation I was able to inspect the old canvas closely, and it was all one piece, sown together. I have looked enough to know on other models, the bunk end pieces are both sown and some zipped together. With each of the ends costing about 4-500 I opted to just purchase a whole new canvas as it was just easier. We were able to finish the project but by the time all remodel was done, it was winter and family functions upon us before we could use it this year, so we had to pack her up for the winter. I highly recommend just a complete new one and I am very happy with the one we purchased through Bear Creek, as they do not force payment when you order, but you pay for it when they are ready to produce the item. Not having to wait a year for the product to be made after you have paid for it.