Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #1

2005 Jay feather 25g roof

Hello all,
I am new to all this.. with that said il start by saying I recently received a 2005 jayco jay feather exp 25g, I knew it needed some work didn’t know how much.. the roof needs to be completely redone membrane, wood, styrofoam.. I have about have the roof off, Iv ordered new roof rubber. Just not sure what wood I need to replace it with, can I go with 1/4 plywood? Must it be Luana? Also the floor has to be redone as well Iv tried looking up videos not much comes up well at least no video with step by step or even letting you know what materials were used to repair.. if anyone can give any type of advice I would appreciate it. Side note I am trying to do this all on my own as I do not have the money to take it somewheres to get done. (Water leaked in)
4che20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #2

roof
1/4" plywood luana is correct.

floor
under the linolium it is just plywood. depending how big of an area needed. I would recommend for smaller areas to just piece in what needs to be replaced. Larger areas would require taking out furniture, etc. if it is rotten under them then pulling out complete floor to fix issue.
JaycoChix89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #3

I'm installing an EPDM roof on a retro project I'm building from an old Jayco 1006 pop-up base. I used 5mm RevolutionPly for an underlayment. It is some good stuff and fairly inexpensive ($13 per sheet at Lowes). There are a lot of good YouTube videos on prepping the area and installing the roof membrane.
les45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof help!!