Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #1

2005 Jayco 806 3way Norcold fridge problem

I have a '05 Jayco 806 with a 3 way Norcold fridge. The thing is, the temperature sits at no less than +8 degrees Celsius on AC, but on propane it reaches -2 Celsius. Is this normal or should I be expecting even lower temperatures that are safe for storing meat. Any one else run into these problems? How did you fix them.
Fridge is leveled now, but I don't know if it was before, I bought it 2 weeks ago.
Thank you.
darekj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #2

To my knowledge (I am sure someone will clarify if I am mistaken), your fridge should run the same on AC power as propane but it is possible to be a bit warmer. As long as the freezer is still getting cold enough to freeze and the main compartment is keeping cool.
When you say its a 3 way, I would assume it is a model that runs on AC, propane and when traveling, is capable of running on 12volts DC. Usually, when the running on the DC circuit they do run at a minimum chill level so they will be warmer than when running on propane or AC current. Also when running on 12V they will only run for about 20 to 30 minutes on battery when not hooked up to the TV with the engine running. This is to save the TT and TV battery.

I have replaced several refrigerators in TT's, Campers, and MH's (most due to age). I will tell you this about the three way refers. DO NOT get the circuit board wet while the refrigerator is running. That mistake cost me.....
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #3

Sounds normal to me. They will run colder on propane than on 115 VAC
shellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darekj24 View Post
I have a '05 Jayco 806 with a 3 way Norcold fridge. The thing is, the temperature sits at no less than +8 degrees Celsius on AC, but on propane it reaches -2 Celsius. Is this normal or should I be expecting even lower temperatures that are safe for storing meat. Any one else run into these problems? How did you fix them.
Fridge is leveled now, but I don't know if it was before, I bought it 2 weeks ago.
Thank you.
You'll need to post the model number of the fridge.

There are a series or Norcold units that have no thermostat on propane.

You have to manually adjust the flame based on current conditions.

Yes, propane is more effective than 110VAC and both put 12VDC to shame.

Post the model number and we can find the manual on line to answer some questions...

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote